York Meet

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
York Meet

ABCtales is gathering for its next evening of poetry and prose at The Black Swan, York in July. Last year, this was a fantastic laid back evening packed with quality literary entertainment over a few beers.

Do join us if you can on Wednesday 8th July at 7pm, The Black Swan, 23 Peasholme Green, North Yorkshire YO1 7PR.  Bring a friend. Blow it, bring two. York is a gorgeous historical city to visit and it’s the perfect excuse to get summer kick-started. There are limited double guest rooms available at The Black Swan (£110) should you need overnight accommodation but do book early to avoid disappointment as they get filled sharpish. I'll update the thread with alternative local hotel details soon.

If you fancy reading your own work in York, please email me at ray@abctales.com. In terms of timing, readers usually get 5-7 minutes each and there is always a reserve list of readers. If you haven’t read before, it’s a supportive, warm audience with a fine variety of work to suit all tastes. We look forward to seeing you! 

I won’t do the ‘be there or be square’ line, it’s so damn tedious and really not my thing. Do shout up if you have any queries.

Thanks,     

Vera                 

Put my name down Vera. Great evenings previously had. Lovely reading, lovely company, lovely setting.

Parson Thru

I'd like to read Vera.  

Great, got you both.

And me please!

Moya

Got you.

Hello Ray,

Have tried to email you at below address but nothing happens.  I am compiling list at mo will let you have asap

Moya

Here is a list of hotels near to The Black Swan with prices but they are filling up fast..  

Hotels for York 8 th July 2015

Some of these are from Travel Supermarket.com and some are from Booking.com

Ibis York Centre £56.00 per night three star close to York station

Elmbank Hotel £57 per night room only ? Close to York Station

Jorvik Hotel £85 with breakfast central York

Linden Lodge Hotel four star price from £65 including breakfast South Bank York

City Guest House £70 per night 0.29 miles from Black Swan four star

Monkgate Guest House 0.30 miles Black Swan Three stars £78 per night.

I  thought that last year some people stayed in a Premier Inn but that hasn't come up as being near to Black Swan

Hope this list helps to get people to come to what is a great evening if we get enough readers and listeners.  So get booking today.  Quick!  Quick! There's not a moment to lose.