Holidaymakers gunned down on a Beach in Tunisia

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Holidaymakers gunned down on a Beach in Tunisia

On midday on Friday (Tunisian time), an I.S.- radicalised gunman gunned down holidaymakers on a beach in Tunisia, killing over thirty tourists, at least fifteen of whom were British.  Apart from the fact that this was a despicable crime, he carried out his massacre in the month of Ramadan, considered holy in the Muslim faith.  While it is abhorrent to commit a massacre at any time of the year, to do so in what is considered a month in which people are supposed to be peaceful and considerate is beyond comprehension.

Truly terrible! Why do they wish to fight this war against outside influence, against the rest of the world, against our true humanity?

Kurt... You may well have answered that question in your excellent and almost prophetic 'fictional' story of 14/06. This was a guy carrying an AK47 concealed in a black umbrella at the beach! Surely that drew some attention? It was just too easy... he must have studied the antics of The Penguin in a Batman movie!

Rob

Thanks Art of the Diver for your comment about my Islamic State Comes To Britain speculative story, which I posted only a couple of weeks ago, in which I did invisage an 'invasion' of terror attacks on Britain, although without too much detail.
I did an earlier piece, which you may not have seen, called 'Islamic State Comes To Malaga', in which they invade Malaga Beach, massacreing tourists and Spaniards on the beach, in the hotel, and in seafront shops, which is even more similar to what just happened in Tunisia. It is in my Political and Social thoughts set, rather than my Islamic State set, written and posted in early March 2015. In these I am trying to understand these crazy, senseless movements, and also to fight against them in some way, with pen rather than sword, although in their case the sword may well be the best defence.

this level of hatred is cousined to insanity. It has no season or faith