Chagossians

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Chagossians

Sorry to use the forum for this again but the reason I went on ABCtales in the first place was to try and help support the Chagossians. ('Bird in the Sky'). Having just had a newsletter from the UK Chagos Support group I see that you can still sign the Avaaz petition and also vote on 38 degrees. The question of whether to allow them to return home is going to be disscussed in parliament again soon. They need your support.  Please., if you don't know about them, check out the support groups website and the five minute history. Use facebooka dn twitter as they ask to drum up support.  All they have been asking for, peacefully and for so long, is to be allowed to go home. 

One of the most disgraceful episodes in British history and that's saying something. 

I've already signed the petition and along with Catherine I'd implore ABCtalers to support this endeavour of returning an entire displaced nation to their rightful ancestral homeland.

Peter.

yeh, I've signed it, but again has me thinking does it matter? Easily ignored. 

Thanks to both of you, Scratch and Celticman. I know how you feel about yet another petition. Better to keep knocking than and be ignored than to not knock at all though. As I said before, it's been a peaceful protest and yet in this climate of fear that's not been respected. There are other ways to help, if you check out the website. If this had happened in some well-off village in Britain, we'd not be talking about it forty plus years later and that's the shame of it.  Thanks to both of you for commenting.