Sad but happy

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sad but happy

I have just deleted Ex from ABCtales. It did not take much - just a press of a button. Ex the novel is due to go to press in the next couple of weeks so the journey ends and begins. 

All your wonderful comments - all the delight I have felt for my words and the gratitude I owe to you wonderful, incredible crowd who have inspired me and supported me with an arm around my shoulder and a pledge and a kick up the arse - none of it has been lost. You took a single chapter and you were there by my side with every word that I wrote and afterwards on the (literally) dozens of re writes and edits until we have arrived at a finished product - a novel. A novel that will actually be in book shops even if only for a blink of an eye. A singular, insane, unflimable novel about a 32 stone policeman, his nearly murdered son and their journey. And yes, the book begins with the tale of the world's largest floating potatoe and its attack on the Thames Flood Barrier - get over it! Yes there are talking lions and a cat called The Treatment and the woman who killed Batman and the Mountain of Milton Keynes and yes there is a little bittle of swearing (ok really a great deal of swearing) and there is a little bit of violence but there it is - you created it ABC - Richard and InsertPoncey and Tony and Jonolo and Scratch and the rest of you I bloody love you all. 

Woohoo - brilliant news! Well done! Congratulations! (you spelt potato wrong)

Thrilled for you. It's so exciting and you've put in such hard work. 

I vividly remember the first bit of Ex that I read. I sat at the kitchen table laughing my socks off. My wife asked what was so funny?  It was rather difficult to explain. I think I said something like " Well there's this really big guy whose trying to kill his son." She looked at me as if I was nuts...

Well done mate. Looking forward to seeing it in print.

I hope that it flies Lav.  Goood luck mate.