Option to turn off comments when posting a writing

34 posts / 0 new
Last post
Option to turn off comments when posting a writing

My name is `T. Imaan Tretchicovmanicova, one of the writers on the site.

I have not posted a writing since July 2017 and notice the option to turn of comments when posting a writing is no longer an option.

I have been using the option since the inception of the site. Would staff be so kind as to add the option again as I would like to post a writing.

Thank you,

`T. Imaan Tretchicovmanicova

Hello Trechicovmanicova, I've had a look at your account and I believe the option to turn off comments is still there (and selected in your case) - it's just in your account settings now, instead of appearing on individual entries as a choice.

Could you try posting a test story to see if the above works as I think it will? If you have any further problems with this issue, email me at claudine@abctales.com and I'm sure we can sort things out

Thank you. I posted a tanka. Would you be so kind and view it to confirm the comments are turned off?

Thank you.

Hi - I just had a look at your tanka and unfortunately it seems the comments weren't turned off. I've edited your piece and they are turned off now. Could you please try another thing for me? Could you go into 'edit' for that tanka and tell me if you see any of this at the bottom of the editing options?

Meta tags(active tab)
Who can view this post?
Revision informationNew revision
Comment settingsClosed
Page title settingsNo Page Title
Authoring informationBy Tretchicovmanicova on 2017-02-18 02:20:30 +0000
Publishing optionsPublished
User flags

(Meta)Copyright 
(Meta)Description 

I don't see any of that.

Ok, thanks for looking. I've emailed our tech person and will get back to you when I have an answer. In the meantime, if you like, I'll keep a look out for your poems and switch off the comments. Let me know if you'd like me to do this

Thank you.

Have you received a result from the techie?

Not yet I'm afraid, but in the meantime just let me know when you've posted something and I"ll adjust it myself for you

I've added a writing, would you kindly delete any comments and turn comments off.

Thank you.

Done it Tretchicomanicova. I'm sorry for the continuing inconvenience. There were no comments before I changed the settings

Thank you

Insertponceyfrenchnamehere,
Posted a new writing. Would you be so kind as to delete any comments and turn comments off?

Thank you.

Done!

Thank you, Insertponceyfrenchnamehere.

Posted another new writing. Would you be so kind as to delete any comments and turn comments off?

Thank you.

There you go Tretchicovmanicova, I'm so sorry the feature's still not working

Thank you, Insertponceyfrenchnamehere.

Posted another new writing. Would you be so kind as to delete any comments and turn comments off?

Thank you.

done!

Thank you.

Posted a new writing. Would you be so kind as to delete any comments and turn comments off?

Thank you.

Done!

Thank you.

Insertponceyfrenchnamehere.

Posted a new writing. Would you be so kind as to delete any comments & turn comments off?

Thank you.

done!

Thank you

Posted a new writing. Would you be so kind as to delete any comments & turn comments off?

Thank you.

That's done now!

Thank you.

Thank you.

Saw you were online and have already done it smiley

Thank you.

Thank you.

Done for you

smileyThank you.