Me poem at ABC event last week

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Me poem at ABC event last week

Thanx to Mark Brown for his kind words re the poem I read last week.

Just to add it's called 'Go On My Son', and while much of it is inspired by/centred round the Welsh boxer Tommy Farr, the family house it's set in isn't specified. So Mark's placing of it in Wales is as fair as any and to pick that much up from one reading on a hectic night is good listening in my book :-))

For the record, it's actually set in Harlow, Essex, where I 'wuz drug up'. Whether I should mention this in the poem, has got me thinking now :-)

tony_dee
Anonymous's picture
Hi 1leg Please elucidate, i don't understand your reply
1legspider
Anonymous's picture
Just doing the ol in/out on virginal threads, Tony.. just.. well a hobby of mine. Done 2 others today. No genuine resposes against this one perhaps because it looks a lot like self-promotion, If you don't mind me saying so.
tony_dee
Anonymous's picture
Feel free I leg :-) The point is I was just trying to give information about my poem, because I realise it wasn't clear the poem wasn't set in Wales. I'm well into self-promotion, incidentally. As a long-time struggling writer you tend to be if you want to reach the sunlit uplands of recognition of your talent, but I honestly was just trying to clarify the situation re my poem. I have actually updated my explanatory note to the piece in the light of Mark's comment. It's not the first time I've changed a poem in response to or in preparation for a performance. It's one of the reasons I like to perform my work, in that it tends to give you a new perspective on it. Happy deflowering :-))
1legspider
Anonymous's picture
OoooH Aaah! I'v no shame me...
Topic locked