fortune

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
fortune

today i had my fortune told by a romany who grabbed me in the street in penzance... (and before any of the racist nonsense kicks in ... dont bother) ...

it was weird and strangely accurate ...

any of you have experiences of this kind of thing?

Ely Whitley
Anonymous's picture
I had my fortune read once by a woman who told my then girlfriend that she wasn't in a good relationship and then went on to try and set me up with her own daughter! cheek. I often wonder (well I've just done it for the first time to be honest) if you visit several or many fortune tellers, shouldn't they all say the same thing? maybe they should be booked in sets of five or six and then you can use them against each other to see if they've got any real abilities.
Rachel
Anonymous's picture
No but I had the strangest dream at the weekend: I had just run a marathon (strange in itself) and someone came up and put a cape made of toad in the hole over me. What the hell does that mean?????
fish at boumboum's
Anonymous's picture
toad in the hole sounds to me like some sexual symbolism...*peers over specs*
Rachel
Anonymous's picture
You look like Germaine Greer doing that... Was that the intention?
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
i had a dream that a jobless friend of mine had landed a job at a magazine called "big vans"... don't know if that means anything....
spag
Anonymous's picture
*opens his Freud book of interpreting dreams and scowers it for being dressed as a toad in the hole* btw i do have the said book
Jay
Anonymous's picture
Rachel had you eaten toad in the hole recentlyand it made you bad and wished you had thrown it out. Only trying to help...
Rachel
Anonymous's picture
Hi Jay No, I haven't had toad in the hole since I was about 6 and my granny used to make it for me. I really don't know but I've been having lots of strange dreams recently... Good to hear from you - how are you? Spaggy, let me know what it says, I'm sure there are many logged instances of people being clothed in sausage and batter mix. Sorry, fish. My toads have hijacked your thread.
spag
Anonymous's picture
I love toad in the hole- the food. No such thing in the book Rachel. I do think its a sexual dream however
Chazza
Anonymous's picture
Dreams? Ah, always fascinating, but mine have been too wierd for words recently. Shame I can never remember them fully beyond 5 minutes after waking! Last night for example... lots of rooms, like a hotel, but was actually my old school, lemons appeared somewhere and something to do with towels............ Made perfect sense at the time How's the Cornish Idyll going?
spag
Anonymous's picture
*scans book and sends it to everyone*
Ralph
Anonymous's picture
I had a dream about a romantic liason involving myself, Bobblehat and John Hegley. Advise please. Ralphie
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
Perhaps I'm being pedantic, but are you yet in a position to judge whether the fortune she predicted was weird and strangely accurate? Unless she was predicting that you would post up a thread about the experience, in which case she has unduly influenced the outcome... (Maybe I'm just missing that guy who used to post here correcting the apostrophes misused by people. What was his name? Ken? Eric?)
Jay
Anonymous's picture
Fish seeing as you asked, I went to Clackton-on-sea many moons ago with a friend for a week and our kids two each, sitting on the beach one day both of us with the kids playing in the water, I ask my friend would she look after my two while I went to vist this fortune teller further up the beach she agreed, my friend hated such people at the time but loves them now, me I have always had great time for them and have been to many. As I went into the tent and sat down paid the fee up front which was £1 then she told me among other things that once I got back home a letter would be waiting for me she said she thought from the police and she would not let this go even though I said I have never been involved with the police and even said it was to do with something that carried people about. Anyway I was amazed when she turned out to be right something I had done and long!!forgotten about had raised its ugly head to do with a car I hit one morning very early on my way to work but didn't own up to. This is!! a true story and one I had completely!! forgotten about and I can see now why I said on the affairs thread the truth will always out and I wouldn't wish it on anyone when it happens if they are the guilty party. Not nice in fact very!! scary... PS I still love fortune tellers.
justyn_thyme
Anonymous's picture
My father once told me that I would have a lot of problems in life because of my attitude. He was right, but I suspect you're looking for something a bit less obvious.
jude
Anonymous's picture
my friend went to a fortune teller who said "you have three children" "no I don't, I have two she said" "In that case you are pregnant" she was told. She only found out she was for definite 2 days later
jude
Anonymous's picture
even freakier, my mum grew up in a small village in south africa and the local fortune teller told her she would marry a white man. Her and all her friends pissed themselves laughing because under apartheid she may as well have been told she'd marry the king. She did end up marrying a white man and this was due to series of very unusual events which brought her to England
Topic locked