"Cab Driver" Reviewed on Binnacle Press

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
"Cab Driver" Reviewed on Binnacle Press

Check this out. It's an excellent review:

www.binnaclepress.com

About two thirds of the way down the navigation bar on the left is a section entitled "Autobiographical". You click on this and it shows three autobiographical books that Binnacle Press are promoting. Just under my book you can click on "Binnacle Reviews: Cab Driver" to read what Deborah Lysaght thinks of my book

Karl Wiggins
Anonymous's picture
I'll have to check that one out. Take a look at MY article on self publishing on Binnacle Press. You'll find it by visiting: www.binnaclepress.com If you look down the navigation bar, you'll find "Self Publishing - An Article" about three quarters of the way down. I'd be interested in comments.
Karl Wiggins
Anonymous's picture
Wow, I've only just come across this thread again. (Quite a trick if you're sitting a distance from the screen). Thanks James and Tony. Glad you enjoyed it, James. I can't wait to bring out my second book, which contains similar stories but nothing to do with driving a cab. Just travellling experiences really.
Pop Bach
Anonymous's picture
Liked this.
stormy
Anonymous's picture
Yep, a great review. Far better than that badly punctuated badly written badly edited article PABD published about self-publishing. :-)
justyn_thyme
Anonymous's picture
Having recently finished reading 'Cab Driver,' I must say it is a very good read. As a collection of loosely-related stories about the author's experiences as a Cab Driver in the UK and the US, it reminded me of the stories of Damon Runyon. The focus is on the cast of characters who populate the world of the Cab Driver, the sometimes humorous sometimes dangerous situations that arise by coincidence or by design, and the author's reflections on driving and the human condition. What surprised me the most was the actual and potential violence in the world of the Cab Driver. I'd not expected that. Of course, in the interests of full disclose, the author is a personal friend, as just about everyone on these forums would know anyway.
tony dixon
Anonymous's picture
Kongrats Karl :-)
Topic locked