Disappearing Envelopes

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Disappearing Envelopes

Has anyone wondered, like me, what happens to those stamped, self-addressed envelopes you send to publisher for them to acknowledge receipt of your precious work?

Not to mention the larger one for the return of your precious work.. Or am I propting them by bothering including that?

Andrea
Anonymous's picture
They probably end up in the same place as all the odd socks...
Fecky
Anonymous's picture
But, Andrea, there's only Bugs Bunny on me socks, not a 1st class stamp.
Hellen
Anonymous's picture
I always get them back, along with my work and a polite little rejection slip!
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
You always get your socks back? Oh, do tell how...
chant
Anonymous's picture
one of my big brown flapping self-addressed envelopes flapped back through my letter box last week nearly 2 years after i'd sent it out. from Transworld, i think. it was a bit of a poor old big brown flapper by this stage and had clearly been around a bit. still, it has found a loving home with my other big brown flappers. perhaps, one day, my big brown flapping envelopes shall go forth into the world again (but not the poor old big brown flapper because i think that that one has seen enough.)
Eric
Anonymous's picture
Good point, Fecky! I sent off some material to two addresses a few weeks ago, along with two envelopes apiece, one for immediate acknowledgement, the other for return of manuscript. Nothing at all back from either so far. I am hoping that this means that they are reading my stuff, but would have appreciated acknowledgement of receipt.
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
You prompted me to take a long-overdue look at my admin, Fecky. I see that I'm still awaiting several replies from eds I sent stuff off to in early 2000! All, naturally, contained the obligatory SAE. Time, I think, to send some carefully worded reminders, no? (They didn't send me socks back, either)
Topic locked