Cyberjam

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cyberjam

About three years back I saw an excellent production entitled Blast at a theatre in Hammersmith. It was all brass and percussion with its origins in Canadian marching bands. The show was very jazzed up and was such fun that I actually went to see it twice.

So imagine my delight when I discovered that the same producers have modernised the performance and produced Cyberjam! I went along to the Queen's Theatre in Shaftesbury Avenue tonight and the show was phenomenal! Trumpets, trombones, sax, flute and euphoniums provide a variety of music ranging from Bohemian Rhapsody to Good Vibrations, and this is all played to a backdrop of gymnastic dance. The musicians are fit and the drummers are wild and skillful!

I believe Cyberjam's finishing in London soon and is set to do an American tour, but if they come to your home town in the future, don't miss them.

Ralph
Anonymous's picture
I went to the opening night of this show. Not my cup of tea at all but could see its appeal. It has lost a fortune and I doubt it will tour in the UK as I know the producer and he has lost his shirt over this. These kind of shows are running out of steam, (Stomp, Tap Dogs). They filled a creative void I guess. The big show this year will be 'The Producers' starring Richard Dreyfuss and Lee Evans due to open in the spring. I worry about West End theatre these days, it's too expensive and the quality of the artistic intent is shoddy, which is a shame because we have very talented performers. Ralph
Mark Brown
Anonymous's picture
I only know about this show from the adverts on telly, which were of the type where they grab some people on the way out of the show (suposedly) and ask them what they think. Right at he end of the advert there was a couple, quite posh, looking for all the world like Neil and Christine Hamilton. The bloke, wide eyed, said "It was amazing... I can't wait to get home and bang something."
Topic locked