Capitalism as a Value System

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Capitalism as a Value System

If all other ideologies are dead, do we default to a capitalistic ideological system? If so, are the Rich, the Good, and the Poor, the Evil. Is the only measure of value in a person materialistic wealth... a car, a house, etc. If one has a BMW, does that make one better than someone with a Hyundai? Do we market ourselves like we are things... materialized, buffed, and polished? Everyone has a price on his head and we will soon be wearing barcodes on out arms, expressing our material worth. We market ourselves as unique, lost cost or unique high cost, high maintenance babies or people. We see ourselves and our matches in terms of what others are wearing and carrying. We may as well just be things, stones, objectified, valued priced in market, carrying on spiritual or sexual value, It could be that we could be sold on the stock market. When some scandal befits us, we are sold for a cheap price, our value to rise later with our revival or reimaging sequences. Slowly the human disappears,

certainly being poor (and not having certain consumer goods) is being marketed as a crime.

Capitliism as a value system? I would give it a minus number myself. The challenge is for enough people to come up with something better at the same time.

I'm a neoconservative. I do believe in the welfare system. No one talks about how entitled the rich are in America. Now they are beginning to talk about it a little bit. A bible study I attend talks about how the rich who donate to the church use up all the resources of the church and think that they can muscle out the rest of the congregants. Just because you donate the most to the church, does that give you the right to control the agenda? If the rich muscle out the middle class and working class, could the rich really just exist among themselves? Wouldn't that be a state of War in a Hobbesian sense and the rule of Cromwell would begin?

You criticize rich people, they overreact and give you 30 times more than what you gave them. Often the rich do not even have an education in culture, especially in America. I don't want Uncle Warren Buffett donating all that money to Africa and yet, giving nothing to America. His whole avuncular get-up seems so false to me. I know people say alot of good things about Warren Buffett and I suppose he does a lot of good, but why does his culture seem so kitsch to me?

In England, they give the literary class some power despite their lack of wealth, but here, across the globe in America, the capitalists and the Puritans seem to have won all the battles and our culture is really turning into a ghetto culture.