Cousteau: Sirena

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cousteau: Sirena

Rarely get worked up these days but I have been living with this cd for the past week and I am totally hooked ... line and sinker.

The 2nd song on the album - (Damn These) Hungry Times is the best I have heard for ages and ages and ages.

Superb.

Take a listen.

donignacio
Anonymous's picture
I just bought the album and it's great! It's really too light for my taste, but I like it anyway. The songs are lovely. I'm listening to it for the second time right now.
Tony Dickens
Anonymous's picture
Superb! I'm well chuffed! I think the album traces a relationship (not sure; could be wrong) from the starting point of falling in love, being consumed, wanting more, not being able to deal with separation - that's where 'Damn These Hungry Times' comes in; absolutely fantastic song - to reflection, melancholy, reality, pessimism and the final signing off song, 'Have You Seen Her'. Nice one, Donignacio! I shall now join you ... I'm off to listen to it again. Happy listening! Tony
donignacio
Anonymous's picture
I just read a review on it and it sounds like something I'd enjoy. Recently, I've taken some of your music recommendations and bought a Joy Division album and an Elvis Costello album. Could care less about the Joy Division album, but I think I could really get into Elvis. Though I think most of his songs are musically underdeveloped. (At least in the debut album.) So, keep making these recommendations!! My mother never let me listen to the radio as a child so I am naive!
iceman
Anonymous's picture
Try This Years Model, its the best of the first three albums. My Aim Is True (the debut) was when he was developing his own "sound" and is quirky. Oliver's Army is more commercial, but the first song on This Years Model is very good "No Action".
Topic locked