check this out!

181 posts / 0 new
Last post
AJ
Anonymous's picture
martin_t.......naughty man you! Since when did Germaine sprout a beard? :) Brown nose.....you know who YOU are (or do you)? As a matter of interest have you become the UKA spy as well? Only asking as you seem to spend more time here than the there. "You? Intelligent? I guess that's what you're laughing your ass off about. The very idea, eh? Now shut up. You have nothing of any worth to add to anything.!" Tut Tut brown nose, so much of the tax payers money wasted on your education. Is that really the best you can do? PS have read your death wishes on 'Fruitloop' thread. Sorry to disappoint you but I am in excellent health........mentally as well as physically. Perhaps I could send you an effigy of myself, (beard and all) and you could fill the other 23.99 hours per day actually doing something useful. Until the next time .......
Karl Wiggins
Anonymous's picture
What exactly is it about Germaine Greer that they told you AJ liked, Martin?
Yorkshire Blork
Anonymous's picture
Come on Karl, don't be coy. How much of your own cash did you pump into this venture? What element of risk?
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
sorry karl meant to say "look like" just trying to lighten the mood i think *move along there's nothign to see here*
s.d
Anonymous's picture
uuuuhhh you guys should stop saying such nasty things...it really is quite hearbreakin.....
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
You HOPE you'll be middle-aged Jon, there's no guarantees, but in the meantime I suggest that YOU calm down and try to come to terms with the imminent responsibility of fending for yourself in the big wide world. That's something that most of us oldies mastered years ago, and the first lesson is to not make enemies of everyone on the road. Your outbursts on this forum recently make me wonder about the wisdom of UKA appointing you as a moderator as there is bugger all moderate about them.
Hen
Anonymous's picture
AJ can't say a damn thing that isn't nasty, Stephen. She was born to bitch. Not very well, but then, better than she does anything else. And she still doesn't know what a brown nose is.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
One of the differences between myself and the Manchester moron is that I have no particular aspirations towards being on book shelves, either my own or anybody elses. As it happens if I wanted to publish my story I could, sixty five quid is a negligible amout to me, as it is to most people, I spend more than that on eating out regularly. To set the record straight I did NOT submit anything to either UKA anthology, I was nominated by other users. I did however donate stuff to 'A Sporting Chance' as donations were requested and it was in a good cause. I was also asked if I would accept a nomination in the latter anthology, again by another user, and I refused on the basis that I had already been included in two other Bluechrome publications and I was not impressed by either. They couldn't even get my fucking name right for christ sakes. I really don't care one way or the other about publication, if and when I write it's primarily for myself.
Yorkie
Anonymous's picture
"Henstoat, that post was an error of judgement on my part. I apologise." If I don't like a post - especially if it's of a confrontational nature, and if I think if it's uncalled for - I reserve the right to take the piss out of it. The above quote vindicates me. Over. I'm sorry if you feel hurt, but you asked for it (as you acknowledge)...the rest of your argument is a little flawed... "If I thought my posts were doing harm I'd stop posting." So would I - but I am within a culture where digs and pisstakes are acceptable, and two way. "A campaign which you have said gave you a lot of pleasure." I don't remember saying this. Can you show me where I did? "That campaign was to cause as much hurt as is possible over the internet." Rather melodramatic, Kev. List the people I have caused "hurt" to. Surely not Missi or Stormy. Tony and Liana got a bit fed up of me. I may have hurt Karl, and I regret that in that (as shown by his cringe-inducing armchair psychology, and horrendously ill-informed and erroneous assumptions about my real-life popularity) he is not very good at defending himself. And he's an easy target - as everyone thinks he's a prat and a bit of joke. "You selected the people..." Wrong. They selected themselves for me. For which I am grateful. "part of your campaign was being anonymous" Not really. I use pseudonyms, but those involved always know who I am. I make sure of that. "You expressed pleasure at the discomfort they felt and carried on in the same vein." You better have some evidence about my expressions of "pleasure", pal. You couldn't just apologise to Hen, could you. You had to paint a flawed picture of me to make yourself feel better after being (justifiably) being made to look a dick. Even if what you say is true, it has nothing to do with our altercation: You asked for it, I gave it. That's not bullying, but if makes you feel better, playing to Missi and his nobhead mates with impressionistic character assassinations, then I honestly don't mind.
A Nob Server
Anonymous's picture
Hen, on the 24th at 19.50 did you or did you not write on this very thread: "Paul is inconsistent - I see him making efforts to be reasonable and explain himself, but also losing his rag, and making excuses for aggressive behaviour that don't quite gel. "But you lot are kidding yourselves if you think you're any different. You've all got your own agendas and campaigns that you can't shut up about. TRY PRACTICING WHAT YOU PREACH AND *NOT* POSTING JUST TO LET OFF STEAM AT SOMEONE. - then lying to yourselves about your reasons for doing that." Because if so then surely even you can spot the irony in your behaviour since the 24th.
neil_the_auditor
Anonymous's picture
I think this editing/moderating stuff gets to people. Hen's getting quite worked up, Andorra's going completely loopy and now that Liana's given up she can sit on the sidelines and user her rapier wit sparingly instead of coming out with some turgid official response. Which is much more fun, isn't it, love?
Emma
Anonymous's picture
Liana turgid, never. *ahem*
Yorkshire Blork
Anonymous's picture
Hmm. Heh heh.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
>> ...horrendously ill-informed and erroneous assumptions about my real-life popularity... ... a flawed picture of me<... << Umm, I see only one protester, and several who concur!
AJ
Anonymous's picture
'em excuse me Yorkshire Blork..........but what's so funny? Am interested as I also live in Yorkshire......though born the other side of the border. And is it possible to congratulate one of our own without snidy remarks from those who ain't got the bottle to use their own names? If you really want to have a cyber punch up start another thread, as this one is for accomplishment.........heaven knows it's so hard in this day and age to achieve anything, without putting someone down who's obviously got what it takes.
Vicky
Anonymous's picture
Well done Karl... will buy it as soon as I can afford it I promise!!
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
As usual, Dicko smacks of sour grapes. What's your prob, don't you have anything worth blowing a few quid on Thompson? Perhaps you could write your 'Friday night weed and booze' chronicles, I'm sure it would make scintillating reading.
oirish bloke
Anonymous's picture
is not a yorshire blork is paul greco fresh from honeymoon and straight to the peecee while his wife stands in the doorway looking confused is not an acommplishment is self publishing anyone can do it if they have enuff spondoolies but good for karl for doing it anyway nice one karl
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Yes Martin, I did know what 'mia' means, I was just trying for a bit of humour. *slaps own wrists*
anon
Anonymous's picture
"If I thought my posts were doing harm I'd stop posting." So would I Liar.
david floyd
Anonymous's picture
"I'm only at Uni for the next month or so, and at some point I'll be middle-aged. What are you gonna go for fun then? You'll be up the creek without a paddle." Hen, Glad to see you think ABCtales is going to around for the next 20 years. It's not very often we get that kind of vote of confidence.
Yorkshire Blork
Anonymous's picture
I was actually laughing at his witty usage of big words, especially adjectives. I don't want a punch up, though you always seem to be ready for one. And I'm sick of abc bottychums talking about each other getting a "deal" with print-as-you-buy publishers and describing it as an "accomplishment". Let's face it, there's loads of good writers here - I'm one, and so is (in my opinion) Hen, Liana, Eddie G, Fish (even - has her moments) Rokkitnite, Freda, Andy O Donnell and a whole lot more. We could all take that route if we wanted. And I might still. But achievement is a publisher (no matter how small) putting their money where there mouth is. You, the author, gets something (even as little as a fiver) whilst they have some element of risking loss. I'm not just talking books...magazines, anything. Also, winning a competition...that's an achievement too. In this sense, I suppose we're all failures to some extent - otherwise (in your words I believe) what would we be doing here. Sorry to be so frank, but this has to be said - bigging up people for this sort of thing is embarrassing for all parties. Be desperate for achievement amongst us (we all are) but hold back till it actually arrives.
Andorra
Anonymous's picture
I found an emoticon like this: He has a face like a very ripe peach. His hair is fair and thick, growing low on his forehead. He has small sparkling eyes, full of naughtiness, and a wide, disarming grin, which is much too innocent to be true. When he grins, two large dimples appear in his peach-blossom cheeks.
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
With respect, George if, as you say, you 'were not impressed by either', why did you purchase five copies? And, as far as I remember, you weren't published in 'A Sporting Chance' at all. Also, since you have nothing on the UKA site, I fail to see how someone could have nominated you for the second anthology.
anon
Anonymous's picture
On a very short thread search, I found this. I'm sure there are more. Author: Paulgreco (---.zen.co.uk If I've upset Hitch, I don't regret that The thing is Greco, you can't simply just reinvent yourself when you've been such a huge twat just because you just feel like it. Your true personality outed itself within a very short space of time, and now you know you've been a colossal twat and are trying to recitfy it. You have upset many people in the past, and you know that, and what's more are proud of it. You started off moaning about a clique that upset newbies and yet you single handedly created more shudders than the last Turkish earthquake. This has been more damaging to the forums than any in jokes that may occaisonally appear.
oirish bloke
Anonymous's picture
here here (or is it hear hear? am never sure)
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
With all due respect Andrea, if you take the trouble to look at your copy of 'A Sporting Chance' you will see I have one poem on page 90 and another on page 91. I purchased five copies of the first anthology, in advance of publication to help you. I seem to remember you sayng that if you could get a hundred (or thereabouts) advance orders you wouldn't have to pay for printing. If you also read what I posted, carefully, you will see that I said 'I was also asked if I would accept a nomination in the latter anthology' At the time I was asked I still had work on UKA. I have no intention of getting into a personal slanging match with you, but you have to accept that not everyone sees things the same way you do.
Yorkshire Blork
Anonymous's picture
"To set the record straight I did NOT submit anything to either UKA anthology, I was nominated by other users." Okay, we're splitting hairs here are we not? You GAVE PERMISSION - ie. you didn't say, "Ooh lil ol' me in a book - no - that's SO wrong - I have no INTEREST in the matter..." By giving permission you are submitting, though the original idea came from somebody else... Anyway, this is getting interesting... *sits back and watches a scrap between a couple of old friends*
Hen
Anonymous's picture
Paul is inconsistent - I see him making efforts to be reasonable and explain himself, but also losing his rag, and making excuses for aggressive behaviour that don't quite gel. But you lot are kidding yourselves if you think you're any different. You've all got your own agendas and campaigns that you can't shut up about. Try practicing what you preach and *not* posting just to let off steam at someone - then lying to yourselves about your reasons for doing that.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
To set the stupid Manchester moron straight, I was never asked by UKA whether I approved the inclusion in the first anthology or not. As it happens I had no objection but I was also not ecstatic, if I really wanted to be published I would have done what Karls done or even what the moron has obviously done and scatter my poems like confetti to every magazine I could think of. You may be proud of your 'achievements' as you see them but it's a pity you're such a fucking failure as a human being.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Shouldn't you be over on UKA moderating?
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
I think you're wanted in the playground, Michelle.
Yorkshire Blork
Anonymous's picture
Miaow! Is that true Andrea - did you not check for his approval? *he said shitstirring further*
faithless
Anonymous's picture
sheesh. i disappear for a year, and within forty eight hours of my return, already i seem to be engaged in some kind of slanging match. why did i bother returning to abctales discussion groups?, i think i'll just limit myself to sending work in and leave the rest of the site well alone. ta ra.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
As a matter of interest , having nothing on UKA was no obstacle to a story by John Ravenscroft being nominated, I recollect.
Andorra
Anonymous's picture
I thought it was a good description, Mrs Pie (my favourite emoticon, too)
AJ
Anonymous's picture
I apologise whole heartedly to Karl........sorry seems I've done the wrong thing in congratulating you. I meant well. :(
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
>> there's loads of good writers here - I'm one << yeah right.
Flash
Anonymous's picture
Missi that story is still there, and is worth reading if any of you haven't already.
choose
Anonymous's picture
One Hunderd And Forty !
choose
Anonymous's picture
Wun hudrend nad frtoy won.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
I'd sooner read a corn flakes box thanks.
Karl Wiggins
Anonymous's picture
Jackie, you old rascal, fancy promoting me like that. Thank you. The majority of us write because we want to see it in print. And most of us sit about for years waiting for that to happen. It rarely happens because - as Paul so graciously puts it - we're not willing to take "the element of risking loss" upon our own shoulders. However, if we sit down and do the sums, talk through all the imponderables with trusted friends, and are then convinced we can generate a market, then there's only one thing left. And that is to take on Paul's element of risk ourselves. To be a risk-taker. I'm not the first ABCtaler - and certainly won't be the last - to take this route. There's absolutely nothing wrong in taking charge of your own destiny instead of just sitting about "waiting for it to happen." When I chose this route, I knew certain people would knock me, but that tells me more about them than it does about me. "Instead of sitting around waiting for your ship to come in, swim out to it."
Yorkshire Blork
Anonymous's picture
It was worth reading too. Pretty good. Oops Missi, you made a boo boo. Not like you.
Yorkshire Blork
Anonymous's picture
Missi doesn't like things that are good. They make him feel bad.
jude
Anonymous's picture
also read 1st chapter and plan to buy a copy...was gonna reply to your email Karl but congrats
Vicky
Anonymous's picture
Er... everyone thinks Karl is a prat and a bit of a joke? Everyone who? Last i looked karl was one of the most respected members of this forum... he certainly is by me anyway. Just for the record. Incidentally there was something I wanted to add to the thread in general...oh yes... *yawn*... that's it.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
I now KNOW this post was NOT by Kevin Durham at all. Nice try dicko. >> Author: kevin (---.cache.pol.co.uk) Date: 04-25-04 02:33 Mississippi you are so obsessed with this UKA thing. Have you been hurt? I'm starting to think that maybe you are a bully too. I hve looked at your past posts, and I am wondering. I don't think you sre very nice. I had to say this. <<
Flash
Anonymous's picture
Yes good luck with it Karl.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
I didn't make a 'boo' anything. The story was nominated even though it wasn't on the site. He was subsequently emailed and asked to re-post it to qualify. I shall add nothing more to this thread. Go and play elsewhere.

Pages

Topic locked