Better than Oxygen

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Better than Oxygen

Has anyone heard this song? It's called Oxygen and sung by Willie Mason. Interesting lyrics and an infectious, intriguing song. Not your average song that you hear on the radio (i.e. it doesn't contain any lyrics about not being able to wait for the weekend/Saturday to come ... why not try to enjoy every day?)

I wanna be better than oxygen
So you can breath when you're drowning and weak in the knees
I wanna speak louder than Ritalin for all the children who think they've got a disease
I wanna be cooler than TV for all the kids that are wondering what they're going to be
We can be stronger than bombs if you're singing along and you know that you really believe
We can be richer than industry as long as we know there's things we don't really need
We can speak louder than ignorance coz we speak in silence every time our eyes meet

On and on and on it goes
The world it just keeps spinning
Until I'm dizzy
Time to breathe
So close my eyes and start again anew

I wanna see through all the lies of society, to the reality, happiness is at stake
I wanna hold up my head with dignity, proud of a life where to give means more than to take
I wanna live beyond the modern mentality where paper is all that you're really taught to create
Do you remember the forgotten America? Justice, equality, freedom to every race
Just need to get past all the lies and hypocrisy, make up and hair, to the truth beyond every face
Then look around to all the people you see
How many of them are happy and free?
I know it sounds like a dream but it's the only thing that can get me to sleep at night
I know it's hard to believe but it's easy to see something here isn't right
I know the future looks dark but it's there that the kids of today must carry the light

On and on and on it goes
Until I'm dizzy
Time to breathe

If I'm afraid to catch a dream
I weave you baskets and
I float them down the river stream
Each one I weave with words I speak
To carry love to your relief

I wanna be better than oxygen
So you can breath when you're drowning and weak in the knees
I wanna speak louder than Ritalin for all the children who think they've got a disease
I wanna be cooler than TV for all the kids that are wondering what they're going to be
We can be stronger than bombs if you're singing along and you know that you really believe
We can be richer than industry as long as we know there's things we don't really need
We can speak louder than ignorance coz we speak in silence every time our eyes meet

On and on and on it goes
Until I'm dizzy
Time to breathe

mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Matt, you'd be better advised to post lyrics in your sets. :-)))
Jeff Prince
Anonymous's picture
Ta 4 advise!!! oo < ____}
Topic locked