Sooo...Body Shop to be sold

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sooo...Body Shop to be sold

Big Mexican company of vitamins buying The Body Shop for oodles of money. Hope it doesn't stop The Body Shop being a great place to buy gifts for the females in my family at Christmas.

And they'd better bloody well continue as an outlet for ABCTales too!

Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Yes, saw that too on the Beeb news this morning (although they're only 'negotiating' at present) and my first thought was, of course (being a somwhat selfish sort on occasion), "What the bloody hell's going to happen to ABC then?" Is there anyone out there that can reassure us poor, lost, paranoid souls?? Tony? Emily? Tessa? Mark? Um...Anita? Anyone...?
Barry Wood
Anonymous's picture
I second that Jake. ;=}
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
On behalf of ABCtales.com... there is little we can say at the moment about the possible sale of The Body Shop to the Mexicans as events are still unfolding, as you will see in the media. The sale has not yet been agreed and I would imagine it will take some time to happen, if indeed it does. However, let me assure you that if the sale were to go through this would in no way threaten the future of ABCtales. We will go on providing your favourite writing and reading website and I am sure we will continue to grow at the current amazing rate. If there are to be any changes to our distribution arrangem,ents we will let you all know. Stephen Gardiner, General Manager
robert
Anonymous's picture
will they still stock the apricot knee-scrub?
soft lad
Anonymous's picture
don't be soft, robert, apricots don't have knees. they don't, do they?
robert
Anonymous's picture
and nor do kiwi fruit have eyes... have you not heard of anita's famous marketing genius, soft lad?
Barry Wood
Anonymous's picture
Thanks for the update, Stephen.
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Well, that's a relief then... (But can one trust a beautician?)
spaghetti_si
Anonymous's picture
Where is this parody, Stephen?
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
Look Si, stick to the thread topic. I will parody you one day when you are least expecting it. More importantly, do peppermints have feet? I hope everyone is enjoying the General Erection results tonight.
soft lad
Anonymous's picture
bloody hell! the bosses are reading this! good job i'm under age for persecution. (or is that electrocution) (i reckon william hague is going to get electorcution)
spaghetti_si
Anonymous's picture
So it's lets have a go at Si time is it? Fine! I hope body shop is not sold as it is ideal for getting crap gifts for women and quite cheaply. Two things that are always ideal when buying presents for girlfriends. * er forgets what having a girlfriend is really like*
Liana
Anonymous's picture
I like to buy stuff from the Body Shop for myself. The body creams in partic. are great....the white musk used to be fabby, until everyone and his dog started to wear it. However, If I get a gift of stuff from there, I'm mortally offended in some way, like theres no thought behind it....am l alone in this??
spaghetti_si
Anonymous's picture
Liana, that is quite possibly why my girlfriends keep dumping me. Oh well nevermind. Have to think of something more creative next time like......hmmmm.....I know, a scented candle!
Liana
Anonymous's picture
ARGHHHHH scented candles........ try the real oils...ylang ylang, neroli, frankincense, patchouli...if someone gave me those 4 oils tied up with a leather thong and a suggestive note, I'd be a pushover :o)
soft lad
Anonymous's picture
would some wintergreen, dubbin, an old leather casey and a doctor's note have the same effect, Liana?
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Hang around for another 40 years soft lad....it may do by then :o)
soft lad
Anonymous's picture
wow-zer! i've trapped! only got to wait 'til i'm 52. anyone fancy five-a-side while i'm waitin'?
spaghetti_si
Anonymous's picture
Damn you Soft Lad. I just went and bought ylang ylang, neroli, frankincense, patchoulia, a leather thong and wrote a suggestive note, just in the vague hope of pushing Liana over.
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Someone gave me a scented hemp candle from the BS recentlty - I was deeply touched, especially when I lit it.
spaghetti_si
Anonymous's picture
Scented candles rule! Always a great Mothers Day present
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
It was for Lovers Day, actually. Just a minor point, but significant. For me, anyway...
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Desperately hoping its a leather thong as in a piece of string, that you bought, and not a pair of knickers-type-thong, at which all women will run yelling and screaming in opposite direction......
iFB
Anonymous's picture
*notes andrea's showing off about LOVERS day* ...harrumph ...
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Don't worry Fish, after inhaling that candle everything else drooped a bit.
si
Anonymous's picture
Liana, I bought both types of thong. In my experience girls like wearing thongs or is that me hoping that was the case?
W H Audenary
Anonymous's picture
ahhh.. all this talk takes me back to my youth... days of wine, women and thongs...
iFB
Anonymous's picture
or perhaps it was the mention of drooping wh?
WHA
Anonymous's picture
must admit to a bit of drooping in the Brewer's department after a few Adelstrops in the Effin Unicorn. Luckily, my flag hasn't run up its pole since that incident in the hayloft with that French filly in 1943, so drooping isn't a problem any more.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Some girls might like wearing thongs themselves...but a man in a thong? *Frantically trying to imagine a scenario where that might be lustworthy* Nope. Cant do it. Nice tight shorts, or naked. Oooer.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Unless, of course, you're Bernard Manning.
robert
Anonymous's picture
well whatever else might have drooped, at lease liana's standards haven't
Topic locked