any info welcomed with open arms

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
any info welcomed with open arms

I'm involved in setting up a short writing course in Nottingham in the new year and we'd like to guide people towards getting published. Does anybody have any reliable info on magazines/sites/etc. that accept short fiction? Yes, I can already think of one....
Thanks!

purplecat
Anonymous's picture
The best advice I can give you is to go to your local Waterstone's and purchase a copy of 'The Writer's Handbook 2002' - it's a wealth of useful information with all the relevant contact details you'll need. It's well worth spending £12.99 on.
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Also Writers' and Artists' Year book 2002 which is a couple of quid cheaper, too. The Small Press Guide, Writers Bookshop, Remus House, Coltsfoot Drive, Woodston, Peterborough PE2 9JX. Think that one's a fiver (and very good for small press mags) Light's List, email: photon.press@cwcom.net. tel: 01289 306523 Another excellent one for a fiver (addresses worldwide) Hope this helps.
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Forgot Carole Baldock's £iver Guide, The Compleat Short Story Writer (and yes, that is how you spell it!) email: carolebaldock@hotmail.com for enquiries
steve
Anonymous's picture
thanks very much folks! keep them coming! the more the better! ech! excessive use of exclamation mark...
stephen gardiner
Anonymous's picture
I suppose I could suggest to stevepoet that he (she) comes to the ABCtales Letters Academy which is designed to teach people how to write and get published. Look on the site for details.
cloo
Anonymous's picture
I worked for the Poetry Society one summer,and they do produce sheets of info about getting published, as they get a lot of requests about this (which it was largely my job to deal with!). But I can tell you that their number one tip was : Read lots of contemporary poetry!
Topic locked