Crash

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Crash

Thanks 4 the mozzy bite advice. Think I'll need more than lavender and garlic for latest episode though.

God knows why boyfriend, my family, colleagues and all my friends and even the postman were against me hiring a moped out here on the sunny Greek Island of Paros. After days of subtle nagging, Pat finally relents and we hire two "Peugot Speedsters" and I hit the road not only wearing non compulsory helmet but with caution, not the reckless abandon that so many visualised with trepidation.

Crash number one, ran over loose rock in road - not my fault - could happened to anyone. Left wing mirror bust. Ten minutes later, Pat Pulls over, although I don't see him until I'm practically on top of him. Discover why they advised us not to use front brake.

Damage inventory:

2 bust wing mirrors - probably about 50 euro each
minor scratches - ??
1 cm wide piece of skin missing from elbow to halfway down forearm
Knee bruised, swollen, minor abrasions
Adidas 3/4 length running pants (hole on left knee) - 32 quid.
Loss of street cred - 14%
Loss of alcohol abstinance - 1 Amstel and an ouzo

jude

Andrea
Anonymous's picture
You should have stuck to garlic consumtion...
Jay
Anonymous's picture
Other than Jude are you ok hope so...
Karl Wiggins
Anonymous's picture
Nice one! Sue's dad did the same when he visited her brothers out in San Torini. Went to an all night beach party and crashed his moped on the way home. Smashed his whole face up. Ended up with grey discolouring above his mouth and he now snores like a bastard. Claimed he hadn't been drinking.
Topic locked