Me doing poetry on Tuesday

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Me doing poetry on Tuesday

After a period of hibernation, during which I've successfully learnt to cook a range of pasta dishes and have read several fine novels, I'm stepping gingerly back into the heaving pit of strangeness that is the poetry scene.

For one evening only.

Until June at least.

The event in question is the monthly reading at that throbbing ventricle of capitalism that is Borders bookshop, Charing Cross Road.

The time is 6.30pm.

The date is Tuesday February 24th.

The event is completely free although it's possible you may be tempted to buy some of the millions of books on sale in Borders or a ludicrously priced heated beverage from the evil franchise located within the shop.

Further information should be available at www.x-bout.com/borders/ (if it's been updated).

Please, please, please turn up if you can. The small, seating area on Borders' 1st floor is likely to be jam packed with people who have turned up to read their own work in the open mike slot but aren't remotely interested in the 'guest poets'.

It would be lovely to see some friendly faces in the crowd.

ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
good luck ... i cant be there even tho my resolution is never to turn down a social invitation ... unfortunately i am starting a new course on tues evening and also watching a Very Important Rugby Cup Match my son is playing in ... not sure how to be in two places at once let alone three ... anyway i think you are a fab performer and i love borders ... so knock em dead ...
Topic locked