Sri Lanka and the Religion of Peace.

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sri Lanka and the Religion of Peace.

I was a little stunned, you too were probably stunned upon learning about the carnage in Sri Lanka. That atrocity, shook me a little,  it likely shook you too, you'd not be human if the images of dead children did not stir some kind of piety in you. So, I was shaken, but not in a modern social media cheap hysterical way, but in a very profound and spiritual sense. One question popped into my head, I knew it would be a very, very unpopular question, but seeing those dead children, I thought it needed to be asked, as fairly as possibly, so that is my endeaour here. 

Let me tell you, this is not an attack on Muslims, I am merely querying this notion that Islam is a religion of peace. Given the evidence we see daily in the news, from Africa to Pakistan, to Sri Lanka and back to Britain. I ask you to pause, don’t presume I am a raging bigot, but engage and reflect, do some research yourself.

I have no issues with Islam, I do struggle with this oft said notion that Islam is a peaceful religion, when the evidence massively and clearly contradicts the idea that Islam is a religion of peace. Nobody calls Judaism the religion of peace, and we’d all rubbish the fool that tried to make that claim. So, let us be honest and fair, let us examine the claim Islam is as religion of peace, much in the same way we’d examine the claim Judaism is a religion of peace.

I was somewhat dumbfounded by the religiously motivated terror suicide bombings last Sunday, those children, I’ll not forget that image, no amount of alcohol or sleep or time will erase that monstrosity. The attack on Sri Lanka, is an atrocity beyong merely being anti human, it was an act of evil, and I do not play with that word flippantly, it was an act of the highest evil. Just as the Brenton Tarrant attack in Christchurch was an act of evil. But and this is pivotal, Brenton Tarrant did not purport himself to be a man of peace, did he?

You might feel nervous, your prejudices might begin to tingle and sparkle with indignant rage, but we must not discourage debate or ‘no platform’ criticism and open enquiry simply because, the men that killed those children, were of the Islamic faith, especially when our question is; do you still believe Islam to be a religion of peace? I think it proper we look at this, and shutting down, deleting, and finally censoring open and honest enquiry is not really the best cure for what is a global moral problem, on every continent in virtually every nation. Even if you feel awkward, you must ask the question, surely?

Do you think Islam is a religion of peace? It is a fair question, and if you think it is, could you quote a verse from any number of Hadith’s or the Sunnah or even the Koran itself, reinforcing this? Ignore the news for one moment, but just a moment. Ask yourself how do you know that Islam is a religion of peace?

I didn’t and still don’t understand how those Muslims, read the Qu’ran, which they quoted. They studied the Qu’ran and decided it was a righteous thing to blow themselves up in a church – surely this should not be possible, logically if you follow this through, in a religion of peace you shouldn’t be able to find scripture that permits the slaughtering of children, surely?

I mean, if somebody said, I am taking Jesus’ example and I am going to kill as many none Christians as possible, you’d look to find evidence that Jesus advocated this, wouldn’t you? So, I invite you to search out Jesus’ calls to violence and Mohammed’s calls to violence, to compare and contrast. This forum post is more about your delight in prejudice not my lack of understanding. I’ve done my reading, I’ve done my research have you?

Those images of the children clapping and laughing in Church moments before their lives were cut out, horribly deleted, taken from them and their bewildered parents by an Islamic terrorist, it broke me a little. I felt something break inside, I’ve dislocated my shoulder, I’ve broken my toe, it was much worse than those injuries, I don’t even believe in something called a ‘soul’ but if it did exist, well mine evaporated on Sunday. Needless to say, I was perplexed and angry, I didn’t want to write about it immediately, I knew that way would be emotive trouble. But, how can you not be emotive when children go from clapping happily to being torn up corpses?

So, I watched and read the numerous liberal media platforms; such as the Guardian and the BBC. The first thing that struck me, was this term ‘Easter Worshippers’ the BBC used it often as did CNN in America. I have never heard that before, I wondered who they might be, who are these ‘Easter Worshippers’? I’ve been attending Church for ten years now and in all that time, I’ve never heard this phrase ‘Easter Worshippers’ I assumed it was a group specific to Sri Lanka, but apparently it is not. The liberal media repeatedly referred to the victims, the dead children and many adults as ‘Easter Worshippers’ and the liberal media also assured me, again and again ‘Islam is a religion of peace’. Who are these ‘Easter Worshippers’?

People like you, who have never read the Koran, Hadith’s or Sunnah will passionately tell us all Islam is a religion of peace, whilst the young suicide bombers who have read the Koran, Hadith’s and Sunnah blow themselves up in a Church, on Easter Sunday killing children.

I invite you to ask yourself, how can it be, that those who have read the Islamic scripture gladly blow themselves up killing children, whilst others, namely people like you, who have not read those texts claim Islam to be a religion of peace?

We have all read about the numerous, almost weekly atrocities committed in the name of Mohammed and Allah – not Jesus or Hulk Hogan. These Islamic suicide bombers are praising Allah, not Mammon or the Golden Calf, or even Miley Cyrus, they are all specifically praising the same religion and the same deity – and yet you will passionately tell me that Islamic terrorists who quote Islamic text have nothing to do with Islam. You remind me that the religion and god they praise as they detonate bombs and kill children at prayer, is a religion of peace.

It struck me dumb, because you really have to engage in some mental gymnastics and an almost Orwellian sense of the self-deluding. I quote Mr Orwell…

“To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it…that was the ultimate subtlety: consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word 'doublethink' involved the use of doublethink” 1984.

To see Islamic suicide bombers, kill children at play and prayer in a church and then passionately express that Islam is a religion of peace. I have no issues with Islam, I do struggle with this lie that Islam is a peaceful religion when the evidence massively and clearly contradicts the idea that Islam is a religion of peace. To maintain that Islam is a religion of peace, takes ‘doublethink’ to a horrifying zenith. We both know that emotions are cheap, but research is gold. So, I did some research and one of the most intriguing things I discovered was the work of a Danish linguist.

Tina Magaard spent three years examining the Sunnah, Hadith’s and Koran in comparison to the ten largest religions active today. The purpose was to investigate whether any of the religions incited violence more so than any other. Was there a clear religion that encouraged violent acts against those that did not follow that faith.

Magaard is not a right-wing psychopath, she is very intelligent and diligent academic. Who bravely tried to find an answer to a very peculiar practice among ignorant celebrities and ignorant politicians to name Is Islam a religion of peace? After finishing her study, she writes…

“The texts of Islam are clearly distinct from the other religions texts as they, to a higher degree, call for violence and aggression against followers of other faiths. There are also direct incitements to terror…Moreover in the Qu’ran there are hundreds of invitations to fight against people of other faiths”.

The verses are quite clear and without mitigating context, they are specific it what they call for. One of the verses advises Muslims how to treat non-Muslims…

“So when you meet those who disbelieve, strike their necks until you have inflicted slaughter upon them.” (Qur’an 47: 4).

Is this, please ask yourself, are these words of a religion of peace?

Can you deny, that Islam is the world’s most violent religion, today, currently. From Lee Rigby, to the London Bridge attacks, to the Bastille day attacks, to the Charlie Ebdo slaughter, to the Ariana Grande suicide bomb attack in Manchester, to the Sri Lankan suicide bombing and many, many more. All this done by the religion of peace?

The RedCross reported that more 27,000 religiously motivated violent deaths occurred last year in the name of Islam. So, from North, East, West Africa to the Middle East, because don’t forget Muslims also kill other Muslims (Sunni v/s Shi’ite) there has been 27,000 religiously motivated deaths. This corresponds to approximately 2,000 a year, or five a day…ask yourself, are these the acts of people who follow the religion of peace?

People say not all Muslims think like this, that it is just the ‘radicals’ who are taking the commands of Mohammed to kill non-Muslims literally. 75 percent of Muslims under 25 inside Europe think that the texts of the world’s most violent religion must be taken literally. Seventy Five percent is a massive number of young Western Muslims, who take Mohammed’s commands to kill non-Muslim’s or to ‘strike their necks’ literally.

The Islamic leader of Brunei, the Sultan recently declared that in line with Sharia Law, Homosexuality will be punished by the act of being stoned to death. This is the 21st Century and a devout follower of the religion of peace, he’s decided that throwing rocks at gay men until they die is peaceful and right. I am not advocating violence, I am doing the exact opposite, I am highlighting a religion that advocates violence, whilst our leaders and media platforms tell us it is peaceful – I think it safe to say, we don’t want any more ‘peace’ from Islam, I think Sri Lanka has had all the ‘Islamic peace’ it can endure.

I have no issues with Islam, I do struggle with this lie that Islam is a peaceful religion when the evidence massively and clearly contradicts the idea that Islam is a religion of peace

I think the problem is religion itself. Is the Christian religion a religion of peace? Let's ask Tony Blair and George Bush. Benjamin Netanyahu stands idly by as Muslims are murdered in Gaza. I could go on but I won't. Let's get rid of religion.

Gosh, `Styx` there needs to be an apology surely, embedded in your post, `I apologise for answering such a heart felt, thought out  , obviously taking you many minutes to write post, with such a patronisingly glib response...`  You obviously have every right not to agree with it but...

I calls 'em as I sees 'em mate.

Innit though!

You can dress up Islamophobia as much as you want, with what sounds like reasoned thought, but it's still Islamophobia. We've all heard the phrase 'I'm not racist but..................'

Gosh Styx, you are depressingly wrong, but I kind of think you know it and your just bored on a Sunday....mate.