ABC at The Asylum

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
ABC at The Asylum

Dear all,

A brief note to say thanks a million for inviting me to 'The Asylum' last night and giving me the opportunity to read some of my work.

I enjoyed the evening enormously. I have to confess that it was quite a daunting prospect but there was a real spirit of generosity inside the club which put me at ease; the informal, friendly atmosphere was terrific and it was good to meet people.

If any of the other contributors to the site are considering an appearance, I would strongly recommend it!

A great night! Cheers!
Tony Dickens

Mary_Moses
Anonymous's picture
Appearing at the Asylum Club, to read out my story...was..terrifying...scary as hell and to top it all off just a goddamn freaky experience...but I enjoyed listening to the other contributors and the live music was absolutely brilliant, I was entranced!! A really great, exciting night!! A bunch of top class performers...loved the poem about Cars!!
Lisa Mangan
Anonymous's picture
Thank you Anthony and Mary for performing at the last event, you were great. It's always a real pleasure to meet contributors to our site face to face! We hope to be able to take ABCtales storytelling nights to other venues around the country in the future so more people can get involved but, in the meantime, put 21 May in your diaries. We're back at the Asylum club in London and will once again be mixing professional and famous performers with our favourites to the site, some of whom will be performing for the first time, again.
Karl Wiggins
Anonymous's picture
I too have been fortunate enough to be invited to read at the Asylum. This was on the first ABCtales storytelling event, and I agree with all of the above. I had a blinding time! John is a scream. We shared several beers together. Likewise Tony. I could drink with those two all night. I won't tell you what Tony Cook looks like, except to say that he never stops smiling, but if you have a picture of him in your mind's eye ..... you're wrong. Diana and Lisa are also lovely. Sod it, you're all invited round to my house for dinner this weekend. Reading my work was enjoyable too. With the lights shining in your face, you can't see anything anyway, so the place could be empty for all you know. And by the time your turn comes you're too pissed to care anyway. Sincere recommendations to everybody to make every effort to attend the next "do" on the 21st. You'll meet some good people and hopefully make new friends. Karl
ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
just to let you know the bus will be leaving "ta chucks" at 3 p.m. on the 21st for the long trip south ... it isnt one of those new fangled things with a toilet and a clix machine so dont be getting all excited ... but hilda is prepared to do pack up ... all interested please send details to my social secretary ... that is: names and designated butty filling ... also there will be a choice of cakes ... flasks of tea natch ... no fighting over the back seat now ...
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
Thanks for coming - you were fantastic - I got totally sucked into your story - left a bitter taste though. I'd strongly recommend people read your work on the site (I definitely will be) Thanks for entertaining us Cheers Emily
Topic locked