Warning Ladies

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Warning Ladies

This warning was e-mailed to everyone at work a month or so back, and now I'm fully back online I thought I should share it:

"Please pass on to everyone you know!!

"Seven women have died after inhaling a free perfume sample that was mailed to them. The product was poisonous. If you receive free samples in the mail such as lotions, perfumes, diapers, etc., throw them away. The government is afraid that this might be another terrorist act. They will not announce it on the news because they do not want to create
panic or give the terrorists new ideas.

"Send this to all your friends and family."

I should also say that I have my personal doubts about this. If seven women had died then we'd have heard about it. The government aren't afraid to announce warnings about anthrax etc. because that apparently won't cause panic, but free samples in the post will.

However, we've discussed conspiracy theorys in these forums in the past (The fake jumbo crash on the Pentagon 9/11, for instance), and it's true that it may give some terrorists ideas, although terrorists usually go for the more spectacular approach.

The use of the words "mail" and "diaper" indicate that the source is American. Still, it seems only prudent to exercise caution with any free samples in the future.

Rokkitnite
Anonymous's picture
Karl... check out www.snopes.com. It has loads of cases of this sort of thing and generally separates the wheat from the chaff. In the kindest possible way, the email is total bollocks.
Topic locked