The argument

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
The argument

Just wanted to say thanks to all those that helped with the questions about my assignment. I do appreciate your efforts. I spent several hours working on the piece last night, came on here today, read the messages and tore it up! Yes I know, thick skinned and all that... I think one of the posts shocked me, though I understand now that it was meant to assist. I took it to heart, ( blame the fact that I am being treated for severe depression). Well, having spent much of my time since in floods of tears I thought I should say thanks for your assistance. I will give your story line some thought...when my tutor said 'heated' I dont think he meant the second character to feel so utterly destroyed it couldnt say anything though. I might try and write it tonight if I can do it without crying. On a positive note though, you are one hell of a powerful and convincing writer. I guess some people spend years trying to be able to write like that, I doubt if I have ever read anything in my life that has affected me as much as that post.

1legspider
Anonymous's picture
We can be quite harsh to each other on these forums, schembri. Sometimes we forget what it is like for newcomers to take their first tentative steps on here.... to feel the place out before settling in. Shame on Mr Angry for jumping on you like that with little context.... he has been known to make an ass of himself in the past by assuming too much. If you stick around (hope you do), you will find that people here can be quite supportive too... but ultimately you have to be prepared to stand up for yourself. Put it down to experience.
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
It was definitely meant to assist and not to be cruel - I'm really sorry that you were hurt by it. Keep smiling and best of luck!
Topic locked