Huntley Hunt

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Huntley Hunt

It's reported there are two gangs of cons determined to kill Huntley as soon as possible, in fact it's said they are in open competition to do the dastardly deed. I'm constantly amazed at vigilantes who somehow manage to acquire a sense of self-righteousness and belief that they are doing the work of the law-abiding citizen. They are, in a sense, even worse than those they claim to hate, though they would never see it that way. (Yes Hud, I KNOW that Bush/Blair fits the job description in your eyes)

Tara
Anonymous's picture
Couldn't agree more - these people really are the dregs, violent scum and as such no different to Huntley. Many of his fellow prisoners at Wakefield have committed dreadful crimes. Perhaps targetting Huntley makes them feel better about themselves. What irritates me also is the way certain newspapers seem to condone these revenge attacks. In a civilised society, surely the basic human rights of any person, even a convicted murderer, must be protected. Killing Huntley won't bring back the children whose lives were so casually stolen. I can understand the parents of his victims wanting him dead. I can understand why he attempted suicide. What I can't comprehend is why people waste their time with some pointless vendetta against this year's tabloid hate figure. The vigilantes should take a long hard look at themselves and the reason why they hate this man so much. Sadly, they are probably incapable of this. Rather like Huntley who refused to admit his crimes. I can't help feeling that the endless talk of Soham only serves to feed Huntley's ego. Not that this terrible event should be forgotten, but please, let's consign this man to obscurity where he rightly belongs. [%sig%]
Topic locked