hols

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
hols

I'm off to the greek islands for a couple of weeks and following on from Karl's "annoying phrases" threads I ove onto dumbf**k questions.

Like taxi driver to person with big suitcases and a sunhat

"off on holidays?" (Err no, I'm going to Sainsburies 'cause we're out of teabags)

then when you reply in the affirmitive

"Going anywhere nice?" (Err no I always choose horrible destinations for holiday so I have a bloody miserable time)

anyway

I'll try and write from Ios in the style of Homer (that's where his tomb is)

don't fight

jude

Karl Wiggins
Anonymous's picture
When we lived in Portugal we used to get these all the time: "Do you live here?" No I commute every day from England. "Do you like living out here then? No I hate it. That's why I've stayed four years. And here's one that always got to me: "What have you done to the weather?" "It's nothing to do with me actually. The weather's a natural phenomenon. Or used to be anyway." Eh? Another good one was, "Where did you get that sun tan from?"
Karl Wiggins
Anonymous's picture
However, you get these in all walks of life. On a cruise a couple of years back we found ourselves drinking with the crew one night. They told us a couple of classics: "Does the crew live aboard?" Brilliant! But here's the best, from a little old lady: "I've been trying to work it out. Does the ship generate its own electricity?"
Topic locked