Account Problems - Please Help!

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Account Problems - Please Help!

Okay, when you type my name into a search engine, my abctales account thing comes up.

Not much of a problem...yet.

However, all the poetry and stories I wrote on that account are terrible. They make me want to chop off my hands* with shame for typing things so terrible. And now, because my Mum decided to type my name into google, she has access to it. (I know, I was an idiot for using my real name!)

Thus the problems start.

"How do I delete my account?" (or at least remove the offending stories) I thought to myself. It seemed logical that I could login, and then from there I could search the faq (non-existent!) or press a button.

But I can't login! I'm pretty sure I've got my password correct, but I might have forgotten it over time. So, I thought, there must be a password-retrieval system or something, but I can find nothing. Even if there were, I wouldn't be able to use it because I have since changed my e-mail and have no access to the old account.

Even now, I am using a fake username to avoid the google-monster.

Please, in your collective wisdom find me the answers.

*I realise that this would be difficult, as once I'd chopped of one hand, I'd have nothing to hold the knife with to do the second, but really that's irrelevant to my problem, so stop being pedantic.

[%sig%]

John
Anonymous's picture
JuJubean. I have the same problem Logging in. I E-mailed Mark the editor at ABC and he's trying to solve the problem. In my E-male, I sent the error message i was receiving, hears a copy of the response I got from mark. Hope this is a help. John. Hi, I’m sorry it’s taken so long to get back to you about the log in problems. I’ve passed your problem along to a technical fella and he’s hopefully going to be able to get it sorted. I’m really sorry about the ongoing difficulties. ABCtales is a bit like the classic old vaudeville routine involving the a pasting table, some wallpaper and two rubbish decorators; as soon as you get one end of the wallpaper flat and covered in paste, the other end rolls up and sticks together. I have yet to put my foot in a bucket or fall back wards into a big tray full of whitewash, but I feel that it’s not far away. Thanks for giving me the details of your problem rather than just leaving ABCtales. You really are important and I’m honoured that you’vie stuck with us. Cheers, Mark Brown, Editor, www.ABCtales.com -----------------------------------------------------------
jujubean
Anonymous's picture
Thanks, John. I was thinking of e-mailing, but I'm not sure how long I can hold my Mum off the computer for!
Stormy
Anonymous's picture
grec, stay calm. muhahahaahahahahahah sorry. I'll get me coat.
Topic locked