'Ex' reaches 50,000 words

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
'Ex' reaches 50,000 words

Well, finally, I have reached 50,000 words and I can call Ex a novel.One more chapter to be posted and then the editing process. I read about you guys writing 100,000 or 150,000 words and I just cannot imagine it. With editing I can see I might go up to 55,000 but I think that will be all. Thank you so much for all your incredible support - without ABCtales this just would not have been written.

Hoorah! I can't wait mate to see it in book form. If you want an opinion before hand, send it to me and I'll read through. What can i say, I chuffed for you! Beers next time we meet!

Absolutely beers next time we meet and once Richard and I have cracked on with the editing I would consider it an absolute privilege if you would read it.

For anyone who hasn't read this masterpiece, I can honestly say it is without doubt the best thing I have ever read on this site! More beers please!

Fantastic lavidis, that's great news. Out of interest, how long to you think you'll take over the editing process?
Must read the rest - have only read little bits so far (which I've loved). Well done to get so close to the end!

Well I want it finished by the end of August so it can go off to potential agents and publishers but it depends where the editing process takes us. It has taken pretty much exactly a year to write but the chapters need to be linear but I am quite looking forwards to that process. I have been writing with an over view and I think with the last post in the next day or so I will have said everything that needs to be said. Oh and Jolono, I better start that beer flowing right now.

Hi Poncey - you are a fantastic writer so any comments would of course be welcome. Tony is just an incredible man and I will forever be grateful to him for this site, for his support and for the inspiration to make this happen.

Hello Lavidis, And well done to you. What an achievement! I do hope it goes well for you and when I have finished reading two other books I have promised to read I will try to take a shifty at yours.

new Lavadis Hi! Well done wishing you all the best. Hope to read your's later. All the best. julie xx
Great to hear - I've gotten to chapter 11 so far, so have some catching up to do. It's original, darkly funny and brilliantly written so I'd recommend it to anyone! Out of interest, approximately how many pages is 50,000 words? I'm rootin' for ya!
Ahh the owner of my favourite ABCtales name ever. Well Steve its on the Imac at home so I cannot say as I sit here now but thank you so much for reading.

No probs Laurie, I only ask because the most I've written for anything is 10,000 words (dissertation), so 50,000 words seems incredibly daunting, should I ever embark on it! 100,000 words seems like a near impossibility at the moment, but the old brain could surprise me yet. And I'm most flattered that my screen name entertains you :)
Just love that name

Topic locked