York Reading 01/02/2014

32 posts / 0 new
Last post
York Reading 01/02/2014

Only 30 days to go!

This is going to be a great night.  The reading list as I have it at the moment in no particular order is:

Tony Cook

Luke Neima

Sooze

Elsie Katz

Lisa Hinsley

Vera Clark

Parson Thru

insertponceyfrenchnamehere

Denzella

Ralph

Miss jacqui Wicks

Luigi

Me

Helen Cadbury (provisional)

Graham Pilkington (provisional)

Hudsonmoon (virtual)

If you should be on that roster and aren't let me know ASAP.  And for those brill' people who have contacted me to say that they want to be firmly on the 'maybe' list pending 'circumstances' please drop me an email via my contact page here (or by my personal email address for those who have it).  

I need to firm up numbers with the venu because of all the pathetic H&S reg's.  The two Universities here in York are talking about this so there could be quite a crowd.

Bring it on.

This fantastic event will have whistles and bells.  Come one come all.

I shouldn't be on but seem to have mysteriously crept in.

winkOh yes you bloody well should lol.

Oh.It's like that, is it.I'll have you done for force-reading.Ha!

Veraaaaa! NO!!! Well I'm not gonna be there I'm on the other side of the country but you HAVE TO GO!!!

yes  Sorted Stan!  Hope you can make it.  

Uh, oh. A lot of talent here. My cojones just shrunk a bit. I may require some steroids for this event. But I will perservere.

Rich

Quite a crowd eh. Well I will do about 3 mins if that is alright. I would like to read as early in the evening as poss as I will enjoy listening to the others far more once I have read. Also there will probably be less people there earlier on. (yes that is the squark of a semi-chicken you are hearing over the net) Bring it on!       Elsie

Love that comment elsie!  I'm sure that you can be accomodated.

Rich, I've read replies but only just 'clicked.' Thoroughly exciting that you'll be reading.

Thanks, Vera. I'm pretty excited myself. I've written a piece for the occasion. Now I have to tape it. It should take me no more than 50 takes. And, of course, I'll have to keep a supply of batteries handy - to throw at the camera in frustration. Or I may just take a sedative and save on batteries. lol.

Rich

yes  Nice one harpie.  You're in.

Probably aim to get finished by about 22:30 Stan.

Hello Peter,

How many minutes per reader are  you looking for?

Moya

Happy New Year

Hi Moya.  

I will hopefully have a definitive reader list by mid-week.  Work on between 5-7 minutes at the moment.  Times slots always vary depending on individuals so durations can and will fluctuate.  I'll get back to this probably Thursday when I will put the finalised reader list up too.  

If needs be we can stretch the time out beyond 22:30 and have a slightly later finish.

sad  Ok Stan.  Next time maybe.

Hey Scratch.  :) Sounds like a great night, and I would probably love to tag along just to meet some of you fine folk, York's a bit far from Australia, though. I'll be there in spirit!

The York reading is so close now! How exciting to see all your faces in just a few weeks.

Hello Ray,

I can't wait either.  Once again congratulations on poem of the year.  I can't wait to know what you are going to read. 

Moya

Hi Seth.  Ha Ha!  Probably just a little too far to make it back in time for work the next day.  Lol.  We do have a virtual appearance from someone in New York USA (username: Huddsonmoon) I arrange an Internet connection and screen with data projector....

Perhaps one day you guys that live in the new world might be able to make it back to the old one.  Here's hoping.

G'day.

Morning!

Really glad to be coming and to be reading> How long have I got to perform? Trying to work out my set you see.

Best,

Ralph

Hola Ralph, the rest of us are really glad that you'll be coming along too! Lol.

In terms of time slot; if you work on a bout 10 minutes of material it will probably be about right.  It is of course fluid, some readers will maybe read one short piece which then offers more time to others that follow. Sorry that I can't be more specific but I hope that helps.

What time does it start, scratch?

Well I will be there from about 17:30 to get things set up.  I think that given the likelihood of quite an extensive reader list the first reading should start no later than 18:30.  There is usually an interval to factor in as well so Tony usually tries to be as efficient as possible in getting the next reader ready to start as the previous one finishes.

Lots of you have never met me so if you spot a slightly rugged, more muscular version of Hugh Grant please don't hessitate to introduce yourselves.

Thanks, Peter. You'll be easy to spot then. Shout if you need a hand with setting up etc as should arrive the day before.

Nice one.  Thanks Vera I may well ask for a lift with things, that'd be helpful.  

If you are coming with friends/family there is absolutely loads to do in York for all ages.  There is the Yorvik centre (actual Viking settlement excavated from under the city) it's all undercover and interactive so little hands can roam and discover.  There is also the Minster and York Dungeons.  The National Railway Museum (free entry) and of course the original early architecture of 'The Shambles'.  If you don't mind queuing and paying through the nose you could visit Betty's Tea Rooms and if the queues just that bit too long there's MacDonald's a couple of doors up the street lol.

Cant wait.

Thanks so much, we want to visit everywhere. Getting velly exthited.

Im really looking forward to it. Going to stay with my youngest who lives in York and is getting married up there in August as well so it'll be a fabbo weekend all round. What a great list of readers!

Oh. And don't forget. Miss jacqui Wicks will be bringing her voice to sing a song or two...

Lovely.yes

I'll aim for six-ish unless you want me to come earlier to help with anything scratch.  Looking forward to it massively and especially the York-New York link.  Should do one in Bristol and link to Bristol, Tennessee.  'Allo Bristole?  Bonsoir?  Bristole?  Why is he/she French?  Time to stop...

Parson Thru

Thanks matey.  Lol.