The starting gun
will you do?
to commence is, perhaps,
like the first sew of the needle ...
is too intellectual, perchance,
something you do with a process
devoid of the human, all functional, too technical
- to begin, maybe – but that’s what
- days do diurnally, lives unbeckoned -
- no – now is the time to start,
- because that’s not reeling dawns round reeling clouds, no,
- that’s what you do with the trickety keroose of an engine when the road beckons and petrol ain’t an isuue.
- turn the ignition, now