Cyberbullying

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cyberbullying

Heinous though cyberbullying is, I cannot understand why some people commit suicide because of it.  Surely cyberbullies can be ignored, as much as real, flesh and blood bullies can be ignored.  Better still, do not use any social media, such as Twitter.

turn the computer/ phone off?

that's true harpie. that's why kids should carry a taser and a semi-automatic.

I think it also depends to what extent the victim registers the actual content of the remarks made. If the hurtful comments are about something the victim can't really change, such as race, sexuality, or personality, that's when it really hits home. 

Drumkit, you say that real flesh and blood bullies can be ignored: I don't think so. When their fist smacks you in the nose that's pretty hard to ignore! I never get cyber bullied as I don't have a cyber.

Cyber bullying is the same as psychological bullying and can be just as destructive as physical bullying.

I don't think the answer should be to just stay off social media, the same way I don't think women should avoid being attacked by staying off the streets.

"Drumkit, you say that real flesh and blood bullies can be ignored: I don't think so. When their fist smacks you in the nose that's pretty hard to ignore! I never get cyber bullied as I don't have a cyber."

It all depends on the circumstances, styx.  There is a heck of a difference between a bully calling you "wonky legs" and smacking you on the nose.  As for any other posts here saying that bullies should not be ignored, how many times have you noticed a bully victim in school answering back his bullies while he or she (the victim) gets told to be quiet?