This is Cruel and Unjust

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
This is Cruel and Unjust

I read on WWW.MSN.com yesterday about four men convicted of the rape and murder of a female passenger on a bus in India in 2012.

All right, this happened over two years ago and there have been plenty of other news items since, but the cruelty and self-righteousness of these men sickens me.  Not only did they rape this young woman, but they also killed her, citing that if she had not tried to fight back against them, they would not have killed her.  To add insult to injury, they also implied that she had brought the crime on upon herself, by going out at night at an unsocial hour.  What right has anyone to dictate at what time anyone else should go or be out?  What right has anyone to play God and take someone else's life because they do not like how he or she is living?

Oh, come on, people,   I csnnot believe that I do not get an answer to this when other less serious subjects get commented upon much more readily.

I certainly agree with you, and I am sure that most if not all of us will agree with you. What those rapists did was completely disgusting. Life is the most precious thing for all of us, and should be respected and protected absolutely. Rape is a big crime, but to compound it with the murder of the victim is a far greater crime. So they really do deserve punishment. They have not been let off though have they? I believed they are being punished. In many countries that should probably carry the death sentence, a very serious offence.

They have since raped a seventy-one-year-old nun.  

With the twenty-year-old-victim, at least they had the excuse that she was behaving immorally by being out at all hours in the street, but what can they say about the 71-year-old nun?  Was she also behaving immorally at her age and with her religious convictions?  What is their argument this time.

Of course, I do not condone the rape and murder of the 20-year-old.

The excuse that the 20 yer old was behaving immorally was certainly no excuse at all for murder!
There is something very wrong in Indian society if groups of men want to gang rape and murder, and to rape nuns. Hopefully the outcry over these terrible acts will bring a greater responsibility from the police there to investigate and prosecute the perpetrators of these crimes.