Erotic/sexual poetry

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Erotic/sexual poetry

can anyone recommend me the good stuff? i'm supposed to be doing thing shortly where i read other people's erotic or sexual stuff...

marc
Anonymous's picture
Love is a Dog knocked me off my feet when I first read it.
neil_the_auditor
Anonymous's picture
Why not try some of our home-brew erotica on ABCTales, Martin? You can browse all the "erotica" category; Emma (Emma2004 aka Felicity Park) and Ugerbig have produced some good recent stuff, and there's always Sooz (Sue Simpson) and her famous "Jasmine And Gardenia Love" which is right at the end of the section. You can probably find an erotic poetry compilation in your local library. Sounds like a fun project.
Emma
Anonymous's picture
Neil - cheers for the vote of confidence...hmmmm you've put me in the mood for writing a little more...mmmmmmmm
Emma
Anonymous's picture
Neil! One and a half hours later, I posted a new piece, and I have you to thank for that. I've really needed some encouragement of late. xxx
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
I guess you have to read the Story of O. It kind of defines all that stuff - and once you've read it then you don't need to read any more as it's all the same! also have a go at some of De Sade - it all seems very tame these days.
Spack
Anonymous's picture
De Sade is still pretty grim in my book. What about all the sewing up and the venereal diseases and the rodents? Ugh.
neil_the_auditor
Anonymous's picture
"Safe, sane and consensual" is the motto of the modern BDSM community and De Sade was none of those things. I don't know if there's ANY good writing in this area - Anne Rice has entered the fray with her "Beauty" trilogy but I don't know whether it's good or not, I've not read more than an excerpt. I confess to having considered trying my hand at this stuff and consulted a BDSM publishing website but I was disappointed - whilst they professed to want "good writing" they made it clear that this was to be in a fairly rigid formula which didn't include humour, parody or anything very out of the ordinary - Mills and Boon with whips, I reckoned.
Thinly Disguised
Anonymous's picture
I won a competition once with a short BDSM. It was hysterical really, by the time the piece came out, just about everything I considered to be BDSM was removed for legal reasons. Loony.
Emma
Anonymous's picture
Hmm...what a dark horse you are...Ms. 'Thinly Disguised.'
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
thanks for the tips, i did check out some abctales stuff ended using 4, the trouser tightening "moth" by fish (i don't think i did it justice) unfuck me by liana (that got a great response from the audience) and poem by ja simpson and girl 1 by the same, i stumbled a bit on those but they seemed to go down well as well it was a slightly bizarre evening, it was organised by a french guy who sometimes wasn't quite sure what was going on, it was slightly chaotic as a result, he started with a game of truth or dare (but god love him, he didn't understand the game, didn't realise if they said dare, you had to give them a dare, and anyway, he was playing it with one guy, who was allowed to answer the questions in the form of music, this was followed by a saxophone player accompanied by harp (made by her mum in about 3 weeks, a chunky harp, not the graceful ones you usually see) there was a guy doing scenes from plays (he was pretty good) about 4 of us then read from other's poetry, which was enjoyable for me, i found it strange speaking other people's words, in this section, other poets were reading poetry in french or spanish (it was an international event !) we ended up with the "carousel of lust" where 5 of us stood in a circle, around the host, with our backs to him, we sat down, music started, he asked us to stand, then he asked us to move, so we walked clock-wise around him, he would then read french poetry, he would then say one of our names and that person would read, the others would sit down, the cycle would then be repeated until we had all read, people would drop out of the carousel when they had finished, i was one of the last two, with a french woman, who hadn't quite understood the theme of the evening which was "Love and sex" and had chosen to read one long piece about child abuse when on the carousel of lust (?) i read the second to last piece, and then the french woman had to walk arounf the carousel om her own while the french hist read french poetry (it had been the same poem for all the musical interludes!) you just couldn't make it up, when i have more time i'll post up this in more detail, because i have left a lot out
Emma
Anonymous's picture
OH! What bizarre goings on indeed, Martin...I'm sure you rode it all very well. I know Fish's 'Moth' of course - from London...wonderful piece...but Liana...er, could you post that up on the site...would love to read?
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
i think liana would have to do that, i think it's a great piece though, very short and punchy, it's great to read aloud, and the women in the audience seem to identify with it, i wouldn't actually describe it as erotic, but it is sexual.....
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Argh
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
unargh :P
Liana
Anonymous's picture
ha. I hate the poem, its badly written and full of uncharacterstic (!) bitterness. Glad it went down well though, and cheers for reporting back.
drew
Anonymous's picture
Try Bukowski's collection, 'Love is a Dog from Hell' or Rimbaud.
david floyd
Anonymous's picture
Crazy Love by Victoria Mosley, my old mate from the performance circuit and performer at the first ever ABCtales live event. Don't know whether you'll like it but it's certainly sexual:
Topic locked