publishing advice

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
publishing advice

i would like to know if it is legal to send one of my stories (that i have submitted here) to a publisher. do i have to take permission?

Nope you're fine. It's still your copywright. Send it anywhere you like.
I have a question relating to this. If you have (or wish to add) a piece of writing on here, and then it gets accepted to be published, or gets published for winning a contest, or whatever, do you then need to take it down from here? Like...I have a short story I want to put up here, but I'm entering it into a contest where it might get published, so I'm a little wary of doing so.
People tend to whip stuff off the site if they're submitting them somewhere, just to be on the ultra safe side. If I were you, I'd hold off until after the contest, unless there's a little while til the deadline and you'd like some feedback before you submit it. You can always post it under a different title.
Hmmm...I may do that. Post it, and then take it down before I submit it to the contest. The deadline's not until the end of febuary, and it's email submission, so I should have plenty of time. ^_^ Thanks for the advice.
hi. i have another question. i have been to several publishers sites and they all ask for unpublished work. supposing i want to send one of my stories that i have submitted here, is that okay?
I think you may want to delete it off this site before you send it in. You can still send it, just take it down first. That's what I intend to do with my story before I submit it to this contest. By the way, I've just got it up, if anyone would like to read it and give me their comments. *hinthint* ~_^
thanx for the advice. and good luck for your competition.
Topic locked