how is it for you?

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
how is it for you?

am very interested by Cake of the Week fey mouse's comment that she gave up writing after leaving school and that the ABC tales site has inspired her to begin again ...

have heard another rumour that one of the ABC talers has had a block cleared by the web soap ...

for me the site (apart from causing incontinence and complaints from neighbours about night laughter) has made me grapple with poetry and prose ... my own and other people's - on an almost daily basis ... something i was not doing before ... and i have "met" some interesting people via the site too ...

what is it doing for YOU?

andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
Ivoryfishwife - I am hurt. Here I am, a lawyer fresh from vigorous libel and defamation cases and you run off to another lawyer at the first blemish on your character. And see - I said it was the poets who were aggressive. Soon as you mention the prospect of a dispute, they all wade in with rhyming dictionaries blazing...
ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
good grief! my computer breaks down for a day ... ABC breaks out in a rash of litigation ... liana is not safe on her pedestal ... lawyers tussle ... macaws develop odd characteristics ... trumpets are blown loudly ... whatever next ...
Hitch
Anonymous's picture
This.
Mississippi
Anonymous's picture
If I were you Andrew I wouldn't keep blowing my trumpet about being a goddamn lawyer, don't you know that they come only just below politicians and just above secondhand car dealers in the public esteem chart? Lawyer? Isn't that another name for a solicitor? Prostitutes solicit don't they?
ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
*loads for boar*
robert
Anonymous's picture
*harrumphing about the thread getting off-message* i feel rather startled by how much i like this site...it's enabled me to start trying to write after years of just liking the idea of writing...and in turn given me the hope that my writing might even improve...i like arsing about on the message boards...finding contributors that i want to read...and being pointed toward a wealth a published poetry that i didn't even know existed...and seem to have come over all trite and gushy...will try to not let it happen again...*slaps self about face*
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
Apart from the incontinence, dear ivoryfishbone (I just love the name), tht is precisely what we intended - and I am so glad to hear your comments. Let me say that ABCtales has managed to stop me writing because I don't have the time any more - between 10 hour days in London and a daily commute from and to Brighton with no table, let alone any room for my bottom on the seat (and I'm not that fat!) on Thameslink - it just isn't possible. However I have started a new story on my extraordinary week in Moscow some years ago trying to buy the KGB files on Che Guevara for a Channel 4 documentary - and that I am determined to finish soon! In the meantime, please O readers and writers, continue to enjoy and tell all your friends and families about ABCtales.com. I'd love to hear from those who just enjoy reading the site - how and when do you use it? Sorry about the ramble! The Chief Exec.
Carly Svamvour
Anonymous's picture
Well, I'm telling everybody I'm in touch with on the web ... I just love this site. No, it doesn't pay - and no, it isn't themestream.com. What's it done for me? It's triggered me off writing again - or at least looking at my old stuff and considering it for posting here. I've been working on the creation of crossword puzzles - I've got a deal to do 4 for a mag in Virginia - so I've been inclined to lay off writing for a while. I've been reading a lot of work, because of my involvement with forum moderating, but no writing really. I'm inspired by all here and enjoying the fun on the forums. Oh, what else can I say without being soapy .... I just like it. It was a real thrill to get cherry picked today .... go see Home is Where the Heart Sings
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
It has made me want to write Bolivian soap operas for a living. We do need more plastic surgery / company takeover / blackmail stories in the websoap though. Hopefully that macaw will start doing that kind of thing - he's a nasty glint in his eye, y'know. On a more serious note, I think this site has upped my productivity no end. Given that there is next to nowhere to publish short stories out there (at least poems don't take up much space and there is some chance of publishing them) I tended to write them only on and off, but the fact that people I don't know can read them makes them worth writing. And writers on this forum have turned out to be an entertaining bunch. I never knew poets were so aggressive...
Mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Anyone wanna fight?
ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
*loads gun*
Mississippi
Anonymous's picture
I knew you wouldn't let me down! I wasn't thinking of guns though, more along the lines of buns!
Hitch
Anonymous's picture
Mississippi, Are you a Sissimissi or a Pissimissi? It's High Noon with Ivory. My money's on Ivory. She's a Honey. The Poetess with the Moestess. p.s. I won £66 on Red Marauder in the Grand National. RIP Missy Insipidy. Kiss Your Assenal. Kissy, kissy, Ivory. ABC's Queen of Poetry.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
I resemble that last remark!
trainee digger
Anonymous's picture
Have found an early pre-spagallite gushy robert. *Boss! found an old slapper! Is it worth digging up or should I just brush it off?* *hmm. not as old as I thought. looks a bit transatlantic to me*
The God of Poetry
Anonymous's picture
OH NO YOU DONT!
ivoryfishbone's...
Anonymous's picture
ms. fishbone has intructed me to make it known that she is NOT hitch, never has been hitch and has no knowledge of hitch ... and has certainly never paid hitch a large bribe to write nice things about her on the ABC tales message boards ... the similarity in web addresses is merely a coincidence any correspondence to my client should hitherto be addressed to me
Topic locked