Online Content UK

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Online Content UK

Apologies for the crosspost from the General Discussion forum, but I'd like to draw attention to our November event mentioned below 'Marketing Yourself and Your Writing Online' particularly in this forum.

------------------------------------------------------------------
A quick note to let you know about Online Content UK, the network for online content professionals.

The first gathering was held last month in London, and we’re hoping to make it a monthly thing with some casual drinks events, and some including panel discussions or speakers on topics relevant to online writing and content strategy/management. Our first speaker event, 'Marketing Yourself and Your Writing Online' will be in November. Please join the discussion list, or email for further details as they are confirmed.

The network is totally free and was started to offer online writers and content professionals an email list and face-to-face gatherings to discuss issues in the industry (in London initially).

If you're interested, please go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/online-content-UK (you'll need a Yahoo ID to view it) or email online-content-UK-subscribe@yahoogroups.com (for which you don't need a Yahoo ID)

Please feel free to pass this email on to anyone you think may be interested. Please remember that the group is not for a discussion of writing in general, but online writing and content in particular, for those in the UK or with an interest in the UK industry.

onlinecontentuk@mail.com

David Taub
Anonymous's picture
I would be interested to be kept posted as to how this develops. Although I'm a Brit journalist / writer, I am resident in the US. So I guess I won't be of much use, especially as the 'face-to-face meetings' are out of the question for me! I wish you every success with this venture. David Taub www.ukpoet.cjb.net
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
I think they have a US wing - if you mail Elizabeth directly, she probably has details. Cheers Em
Elizabeth
Anonymous's picture
Just to let everyone know that the Online Content UK website is live and taking registrations for our November event below. Check out www.onlinecontentuk.org Regards Elizabeth Varley Founder Online Content UK onlinecontentuk@mail.com www.onlinecontentuk.org -------------------------------------------------- 'Marketing Yourself and Your Writing Online' Free panel discussion event from Online Content UK. Wednesday, 14th November, 2001. 6.30 - 9.00pm Lack of self-promotion can be the downfall of an otherwise successful career in the online content industry. Marketing your services and skills doesn't come naturally to many writers, but it is essential to a thriving business or dream job. At 'Marketing Yourself and Your Writing Online', our speakers share their experiences with self-promotion. We'll discuss the essentials, and the difficulties of getting your name and product out there into the online content marketplace. Speakers : Dave Green, Editor of NTK, and Winner of the Net-Media European Online Journalist of the Year Award Dr Iain Stevenson Course Director, MA Publishing Studies, City University London Victoria Lubbock Managing Director Recruit Media Ltd This event is sponsored by The City University London, Department of Journalism For complete details and registration go to www.onlinecontentuk.org Online Content UK is the network for editorial professionals working in the UK internet content industry.
Topic locked