Hotseating ...

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hotseating ...

this is a useful exercise for characterisation ... and somebody could try it here ... i have done it in CW classes and also seen it done in drama workshops ...

someone thinks of their character and sits in the (virtual) hotseat ... in reality they would be in a real chair in the middle of the room ... but we all have imaginations ... then other people ask questions of the character ...

*secretly longing for andrew to have a go at this*

wisty
Anonymous's picture
so kate, what is the first thing you do every morning?
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
Errm, stretch, I guess. I'm not very awake first thing in the morning. Either stretching or trying to pull an additional hour's feel of sleep out of the last five minutes.
dean-johnston
Anonymous's picture
Hello Kate ..just two questions... 1) If you lost something , the most precious thing you had and could never get it back ..what would it be? and 2) When you look in the mirror, what do you see?
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
Okay then, I will. The character's name is Kate Croy and I am about to begin a Moreover piece about her, so it may help me put things into focus. So - my name is Kate Croy. You wanted to ask me something ?
fish
Anonymous's picture
ah yes ... what age are you kate? what sort of house do you live in? when were you most happy? when was the last time that you lied?
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
Well, Alison, I'm thirty-one. I live in a house that my daddy and his brother made back in the Seventies after we moved from Kentucky. The house is out in the woods, about two miles out from Moreover. It's real quiet and it smells of cherrywood. When was I most happy ? Either every Saturday afternoon when I play the piano, or back when I was a little girl and we only had black and white television. We have colour television now that my youngest brother goes to school, but I still don't like to watch it. The last time I lied, was probably to Glenn when I told him why I wasn't going to take his ring.
Hugh Jelly Pistoff
Anonymous's picture
Kate: do you like blancmange? is so, what flavour? and do you have a favourite mould dear? oh, one last quickie, should abc kick planet online and its near bankrupt parent, energis, into touch and get a proper web host?
Jeanette
Anonymous's picture
I think you need some rage counselling, HJP
robert
Anonymous's picture
hello kate what scares you? how many lovers have you had? do you work?
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
Hello Robert. I suppose like most people, I'm scared that people are looking at me, talking about me while I'm not there. I'm scared every time I see a finger point, even if it is at something in the sky, it makes me think of people pointing at me, children mostly. Lovers - that's a very personal question. I think one man has loved me. I do work. I used to work in the Musuem of Small and Curious Things, but I now do product design for Cutters Cookies - and no, before you ask, it wasn't me who came up with Shrimp n' choc-chip cookies. Mostly it involves thinking of ways to improve what we already have, make it softer, or more crunchy, get more toffee flavour in there - improve the mouthfeel.
Topic locked