"Schemer's False Dilemma" by Skydolphin

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
"Schemer's False Dilemma" by Skydolphin

Now here is a poem to chew on! It is filled with wonderful contradictions and I have to admit, I needed a dictionary to understand some of the words... a challenging read. This poem hit home for me. I felt as if I was being spoken to directly. I was stripped of my protective coating. My personal interpretation in simple terms goes like this... Posting my work is a great experience of self-discovery yet I must look within to see beyond. By not taking responsibility for myself, I am demanding. I am willing to be hurt by your fear and touched by your power which creeps into my soul. I join you, understand you, and relate to you. I accept myself in your image. Here are a couple of Skydolphin's contradictory phrases to wet your tongue - ("betray myself with a kiss") and ("a sinner in love with innocence") amongst many others. I feel her work needs to be read slowly with frequent pauses for inflection. I am curious to hear how others were affected by this poem.

skydolphin
Anonymous's picture
I agree with you about karma dear Christine! You are very special, I am so glad that you like this poem, which is dark and experimental... I must say now so that there won't be any misunderstanding that we didn't know each other prior to my posting a reply to your "Critique me please" thread! You could, of course, have just replied "Thanks skydolphin" but you are a nice person so you read some of my work as well! I was surprised!! Few people are as generous and thoughtful as you! Thanks again and again, you are special and I think everybody here will appreciate your kind character! Something I forgot to say so far, WELCOME TO MY HEART AND ABCTALES
Christine
Anonymous's picture
I'm speechless... John Knight believes in karma and love too. How lucky I am to have met such special people so soon.
Topic locked