UKA and ABC

181 posts / 0 new
Last post
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Dear Jon and Martin, that's your opinions and your welcome to them. Jon, you will spend your life splitting hairs, if you're not careful you'll need treatment for split ends, and go easy on that eye-liner, you're looking more transexual with every piccy.
Record?
Anonymous's picture
Well, let's just keep it going George, it would be ironical that UKA had the longest thread on ABC :)
Hen
Anonymous's picture
It's not an insult AJ. You *are* bitter. You *are* old. And you *are* a fruitloop, which is a nice term for someone one regular fries short of a happy meal. Why would I go to the trouble of making up an insult when the facts speak for themselves? If it were an insult though, it still beats 'Littlecock', and most of your other efforts.
fish
Anonymous's picture
hmmmm ... interesting jon ... whilst i have no wish to have any animosity between us i feel bound to point out that i was "stopped" ... (i chose to withdraw from abc for a considerable time) by a good old robust thread thrashing at the hands of your good self and paul greco ... i don't harbour resentment about it now but i was very upset at the time ...
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
I can't believe that fishy! What, you mean the matinee idol of moderate, cosy UKA became a monster in your presence? Heavens above, he should have been admonished and exiled. No, hold on a minute, THAT'S what he and his mate wanted to do to ME.
plonker spotter
Anonymous's picture
http://www.ukauthors.com/phorum/read.php?f=11&i=3737&t=3737 Oh there has to more to this than meets the eye. Has richard finally had enough of standing in the corner? The usual suspects close ranks BUT no comment from her who must be obeyed.
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
Dear Auntie Jackie, As someone who once fondled your crutch in the Poetry Cafe (and I presume the prat in the cowl will accuse me of being an acid-wrecked numb brain for that remark - she couldn't even spell STP let alone know how to effectively ingest it) can I advise you to stop talking to teenagers with small cocks. They make no sense and ultimately leave one yearning for more. Now, if you want to see something really interesting in black eye-liner, a trainer bra and purple toenails, you know where my dead letterbox is.
stephy-d.
Anonymous's picture
don't be so nasty people....if your nasty you force karma in to your life which means you will be hurt by nasty words somewhere along the line and soon.....learn how to forgivve understand and be compassionate and then you are living life........
J. Prince
Anonymous's picture
I agree wholeheartedly with Stephen. It takes more balls, wit, compassion and imagination to try to be nice rather than to insult.
fish
Anonymous's picture
geriatric tart
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
is aj a real person?, i just don't get her...
Emma
Anonymous's picture
recipe? I need a new one I've been living on eggy bread for three weeks
fe©ky
Anonymous's picture
zzzzzzz.... Am I awake or am I still dreaming? Surely this isn't still running! So ABC is a community, eh? c: an interacting population of various kinds of individuals (as species) in a common location d: a group of people with a common characteristic or interest living together... > Do all "communities" willingly accept domination by a clique of self-centered, egotistical, smart - arsed wankers, intent on driving out those who do not conform? Do I see someone who a while ago made a very public withdrawal from the site because of the cut and thrust, now defending it with such unbelievable vigour? Was her main target correct when he stated all that time ago that her public declaration of resignation was nothing more than attention seeking? I ask these questions, not to further an argument on either side but because I don't know the answers. Perhaps this does prove the "resigner" right when she refered to me as "Thicko" in reply to one of my very first posting to this board. [%sig%]
plonker spotter
Anonymous's picture
You have to hand it to them, don't you. They certainly have a sense of humour. UKAuthors - - Forum List Forum Index | UKA FP Poetry Discussion (moderator Jack_Cade) Posts: 83 Last Post: 04-20-04 Prose Discussion (moderator Sirat) Posts: 86 Last Post: 04-20-04 Publishing/Writing (moderator Michel) Posts: 420 Last Post: 04-20-04 Discuss UKA's latest venture - The UKA Press UKA Discussion/Critique Group (moderator e-griff) Posts: 260 Last Post: 04-17-04
AJ
Anonymous's picture
Hi JT.......you would need to watch the forums on an hourly vigil to keep up. That's the whole point of the thread. If the topic isn't complimentary it gets deleted, and that is the argument. And if you get too close for comfort....YOU WILL BE DELETED!
Flash
Anonymous's picture
Blimey all this blood letting, entertaining in a savage sort of way.
Tech Support
Anonymous's picture
Have you spotted yourself? You seem to be the biggest plonker on either site and I recommend pink pokadots and lime green circles filled with random rainbow colours. Then everyone can see you coming and take appropriate action to avoid you. [%sig%]
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
Oi fish, less of the tart. Marty, AJ is a very real person who hobbled across my path once (in said P. Cafe when all talers present were drunk) accompanied by that van Win-or-lose bloke. Fuck, I said "bloke". Emms, I find blissed ninnies quite enchanting. I wish you would be less au sujet though.
Hen
Anonymous's picture
Not really. I wanted moderation to the degree where posts that are nothing but personal attacks are deleted. You wouldn't be exiled... but I'm sure you would leave of your own accord. Fish - you have a sound point, but it doesn't make me a hypocrite. All I'm saying is that no moderation does *not* equal complete freedom of speech. So, yeah, your example is further testament to that. As for that thread itself, I never attacked you directly, as a person, and I made it expressly, repeatedly clear that this was the case - it was about how the site was run, and I opined that putting you and your writing up on an untouchable pedestal of perfection was doing no one any favours. I gave, I think, *one* example of how I might criticise an aspect of one of your poems, and was immediately set upon by the dogs of conformity. However revered Missi reckons I am on UKA, I get that exact kind of criticism there from some of the commenters, and regard that as part of the process. I mean, it's usually meant to be helpful! But, of course, the whole thing got blown up into a big slanging match, and *that's*, I think, what caused you to leave. Besides which, I wouldn't have particularly cared if my posts had been deleted, as long as it was in line with a consistent policy that stepped in when things got tetchy. But if that policy were in line, they would never have been able to publish most of the secret agent reports, because most of them were harsher than what I said. Can't argue with the eyeliner, Missi. The ladies love it. I was never going to be any good at being butch, was I?
stormy
Anonymous's picture
I was about to post a response to the above nonsense when I realised I would sound like all others in this thread who say words to the effect of: 'I can't believe this is still going on' and then proceed to add their stir to the witches (word used advisedly) cauldron. It's childish, just like the thread Missi pointed me to in which uka members list out swearwords (reminded me of my kids coming home and chanting 'bugger' when they were five) and the latest posts over on uka which seem to be dominated by grown-ups playing with emoticons. It's a primary playground. Damn, I've just stirred the pot haven't I? Sorry.
Re: Mostly_pert
Anonymous's picture
Back to the top: Am I the only one to have read this 'interview' in full? Click the link in the first post above to see the full self-written advert and check out the last paragraph. I'll paste it in here before history gets altered. (Andrea will thank me for this one day - not) >>>...By the way, we’ll be launching Voices from the Wed Second Anthology, along with several of our UKA PRESS books ...<<< So, UKA limits submissions to only those that are married? Glad you guys don't edit my stuff. arf.
Andorra
Anonymous's picture
By the time the Icebergs drift past Cape Yorick the pack-ice is looser and studded with bergs of every size and description. The biggest are still the ones from the fiords behind Jukaisshavn but there are also many smaller bergs that have crumbled off the ice cliffs into the jokulhlaup-whiskered shallows of Missing Bay. There are humped and crested bergs, like the backs of dinosaurs; round and ridged ones, like giant scallop shells; tall, turretted squares like ancient demented castles; tilted blocks which rise to sheer cliffs, like the bows of stranded ocean liners. There are tent-shaped, conch-shaped, gable-shaped, and fluted bergs. This glittering shifting mass is pushed by the relentless Adirondack current, stronger now, westward through the thinning pack.
Andorra
Anonymous's picture
There was a steep wall of sand, behind which the firing could be heard. They beckoned the people to form up into short lines and led them through the gap which had been hurriedly dug into the sandstone wall. The wall hid everything from view, but of course the people knew where they were. The right bank of the Fieromper is cut by deep ravines, and this particular ravine was enormous, majestic, deep and wide like a mountain gorge. If you stood on one side of it and shouted you would scarcely be heard on the other. The sides were steep, vociferous, even overhung in places; at the bottom ran a little stream of cooling water, in one side and out the other. Round about were cemeteries, thick woods and garden plots. The local people knew this ravine as A-Bachinoleu-yah. (from 'The White Hotel' by D.M. Thomas)
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
You still haven't got the hang of my sarcasm have you Jon? I was taking the piss, as I love to do whenever the likes of sirat and chant come to mind, though I wouldn't lump you in with them, I have a little more respect for you. (I'm always awestruck by any guy that happily adorns himself with the ephemera of a diva and risks ridicule at the hands of plebs)
Anonymous's picture
I just love IP tracing software Andorrea, don't you?
Emma
Anonymous's picture
I must admit, I read a couple of threads on there yesterday along with some writing. I felt positively giddy looking at those emoticons. They completely disrupt the flow of people's words, and hey, for a writer's site, aren't you supposed to be able to say what you want to without visual aids? If abc started offering them I'd be off as soon as you could say 'Missisippi.' (don't all send in your requests at once, Mark's dealing with the log-in problem at the moment, you can't get rid of me that quick)
Felicity
Anonymous's picture
So why do you tell me my brain is addled when I risk ridicule at the hands of the plebs Missi? OK for guys to experiment, and not girls?
neil_the_auditor
Anonymous's picture
Jon: you're not the lead singer with any androgynous Finnish rock bands by any chance?
Andorra
Anonymous's picture
Huh? Houyhnhnms you? by J. Swift, author of 'Tale of the Tub' and 'Battle of the Books', published anonymously. *One reason why music can stand repetition so much more sturdily than prose is that music, of all the arts, is by its nature least suited to the psychology of "information".* [%sig%]
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
by J. Swift, author of 'Tale of the Tub' and 'Battle of the Books', published anonymously. *One reason why music can stand repetition so much more sturdily than prose is that music, of all the arts, is by its nature least suited to the psychology of "information".* Well if *I* had offered that little gem of crap wisdom I think I might have published it anonymoiusly too.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Flick, I was being HUMOROUS! (I think)
Andorra
Anonymous's picture
(Agree they mess up a serious discussion. Not all the threads on UKA have them, though. I think about 3% of the threads are using them.) Can you get some on ABC please? And graphics and bold writing and italics, too. (Only joking! *hits self* ouch! races over to UKA gets kicked out comes back gets kicked) No, but I think it depends what you are writing. Picture books wouldn't be much without pictures and books wouldn't look good without careful page design, font selection, indenting, balanced line spacing, etc. White space is important. And so on. Whatever we write, we consider the look of it on the page. And make sure to paragraph.
s.d
Anonymous's picture
*yawns*
Hen
Anonymous's picture
Sorry, Missi. Hard to read tone right on the screen. Anyway, I'm going as ladyboy as I can before I have to cut my hair and become an estate agent. Think you're unfair on Sirat and Chant though. They're cool, really. Chant's learning to wield Shaolin weaponry!
Andorra
Anonymous's picture
Well, Swift didn't write that one - should have explained. He wrote about the Houyhnhnms mentioned in the previous post - but he did publish the two Books - Tale of the Tub and Battle of the Book - anonymously, before Gulliver's Travels. No, the quote below - which I just dropped in for no particular reason other than than I rather like it as a passing thought - was written by (Ohio State University, PhD) Associate Professor of Philosophy Steven H. Kaminski in an interesting essay on the topic of 'Psychology and Form' (you will see a heading at the top of the page where he deals with, 'Burke on Form') which begins with Hamlet asking the hour and being answered: I think it lacks of twelve. No. It is struck. Indeed? I heard it not: then it draws near the season Wherein the spirit held his wont to walk.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Well I'm sorry too Jon, I have a long memory, especially where those other two twerps are concerned.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
And you who hates trolls, too!
Andorra
Anonymous's picture
*wilts* *lies down* *ships pass in the night* *crash* *traffic wardens rush up* *Store Security folds arms in doorway*
Andorra
Anonymous's picture
Huh? Hou?
s.d
Anonymous's picture
*Bows* or maybe *curtsys* and *snores******************************
Emma
Anonymous's picture
You are the Archivist aren't you Missi. You're as bad as my mother. She can repeat everything I've ever said in an argument since I was about 3 years old, and every present she's ever bought me. Then comes that question out of the blue...have you still got that...and I have to make up some lie about it so that she doesn't know it's long since gone to a charity shop. Me, I'm terrible, I'm starting to forget how old I am, and I can never remember the date of our wedding anniversary. I always forget birthdays too. I think it must be some kind of unconscious rebellion.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
You're beginning to ramble, Emma.
Andorra
Anonymous's picture
*passes out..................*
Flash
Anonymous's picture
You leave Emma alone Missi, she thinks i'm witty.
Felicity
Anonymous's picture
Sorry, Missi, thought you were having a dig as Hen says, it's hard to know when we don't have the benefit of intonation and expressions. I'm doing my best to get to know everyone here abouts, but crikey, it's hard work sometimes to read between the lines. It's amazing what images you build up of a person which don't match the reality. I mean, s_d looks nothing like I imagined him to look from his posts. Purple's got the hots for Andrew from his posts - I wonder how she sees him? People use pictures of themselves when they were much younger on the profiles it seems. Choose's picture is mystifying. He looks as though he's got a full-frontal tattoo, but he sounds really straight down the line. etc etc.
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
No, seriously, thanks for pointing it out. And it was hardly a 'self-written advert' - Mark asked me to do the interview :-)
Flash
Anonymous's picture
Emma ........Choose's piccy isn't of him.........it's from the film Trainspotting.......remember Ewan McGregor and Robert Carlyle?
Oz Pitall - Feud
Anonymous's picture
Why don't we all just meet up and have a fight? Behind the bike sheds at Extra Time. Midnight. Tomorrow. Floral Shirts optional. Start a Thread if you think you're 'ard enough! [%sig%]
CHE ITS ZEN
Anonymous's picture
Thanks Andrea im going straight to uka!
Emma
Anonymous's picture
OOOOOH, all is clear (as a foggy day in Scotland). You know, much as I read a great deal about it, I never saw that film. I think Missi is trying to be witty too Flash. With Missi's witticisms, you have to think about two or three logical steps along from the previous post, then you get the joke.

Pages

Topic locked