Looking for someone to publish some or at least one of my poems

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Looking for someone to publish some or at least one of my poems

Hello. My name is Deleone Downes. I am sixteen and l live in Canada. I have written many poems and I think that there are a few of them that stand out as being pretty okay. I've entered poetry contests and won one of them. In another one I had the opportunity of having my poem published in Urban Voices/L'Écho de la Ville. But I wanted to get at least another one of my poems noticed. I would really like to make writing poems a career, but I've been told that that's probably not going to happen. Either way if there's anyone out there that has any advice for me, I would really appreciate it. Or if you have any comments or info about what I've just typed that would be nice also.

Thanks for reading,
Deleone.

[%sig%]

lynette dunn
Anonymous's picture
competitons are the way forward my girl. Keep putting your work into them someone may just like what they see. Do not pay for competitions though, they should pay. If you want to be published try forward press in the uk they dont pay but its a start. keep that pen moving best wishes lynette dunn.
cloo
Anonymous's picture
Yup - competitions. Really you need to get noticed in them and then poems may get published in some form. Publishers won't accept individual poems for publication in an anthology or anything on the whole, although they will consider a book's worth of poems from someone established, but not an unknown.
Sally
Anonymous's picture
Competitions are a very good way to start... congratulations by the way about the Uran Voices thing.... just continue going on like that and it wi .l pay off. even if you don't get published as lonmg as you enjoy it that's what it important
Lannete
Anonymous's picture
sally you hit the nail on th head
Topic locked