Depression by Written

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Depression by Written

http://www.abctales.com/story/written/depression

This was a very personal piece that seemed to catch the mood of depression very well for me. Haunting.

'Your cotton wool viscosity' I can't decide whether or not this line does it for me or not.

nah!

There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed -
Dennett

I dunno, maybe 'Your cotton wool viscosity', paints a picyure well, that sort of cloudy feeling in the head, you know it's stuck and won't go away. But what would I know, I'm not a poet. Actually saying that surely that would make me the better judge. After all if someone that doesn't aspire to poetry can get the picture then surely it's well painted. nobody
I tried to go back and read it and all but the first line have disappeared... I had a quick read yesterday tho and def agree with you nobody. Although the poem isnt technically stunning, I think the mood is expressed really accurately and honestly... you get to feel the banality of it all . I don't think its whether youre a poet or not thats the issue here, but whether you can relate to depression - then its the sense of empathy that makes the words work. Just a thought...
Thanks for your comments. Im glad i got the message across i dont really take technicalities into consideration in my poems but i am hoping that the more i write the more able i will be to make my poetry impacting in every way, including through poetic technicalities. The 'cotton wool viscosity' - is suppossed to represent that kind of inability to make a clear desicion about it and focus on the idea - its a kind of 'fuzziness' of mind. I hope it didnt depress anybody though!
Topic locked