Conscience by Mike Pyro

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Conscience by Mike Pyro

http://www.abctales.com/story/mikepyro/conscience

I really liked the cool nature of the old man, and the desperate nature of Sam. The only thing I thought needed work was the description of the old man - more show not tell? Try to paint him as old rather than give him an age.

Other than that, nicely written.

I agree, well written but I couldn't help but feel I'd read or seen the plot somewhere before, I just can't think where. nobody
Enzo
Anonymous's picture
Yes, good job again. I would suggest, "from another room, a gunshot sounds", rather than 'the' gunshot. Probably that's just me. Also, please, please, please start punctuating speech correctly. That said, this was a good, solid story - something's happened recently with your work, a real jump forwards in quality...you should be really pleased about that. Congratulations again. Enzo.. www.thedevilbetweenus.com
Yeah Mike's work certainly does seem to have got better. the last two pieces have excelled themselves, perhaps he's found his genre. A kind of Tales Of The Unexpected. nobody
this held my interest throughout with a good pace and sad but satisfying resolution. The personification of his inner turmoil as a grubby rather obnoxiuos old man works really well. crit- you need to round your characters out a bit more, though i got a sense of the man's desperation i did feel a little detached from him. it is not overlong so adding this would not slow it down too much. a great read, ty Juliet

Juliet

Wow guys, thanks. I just edited a bit, according to the crit, it's not incredibly different now but a few new changes. Oh and thanks for the flag lisa. I guess I may start heading toward this genre like 'nodody' said (lol). Nobody, as to answer wheree you may have seen this before, I got the idea from a five episode show on my computer where a man talks to his conscience. Thanks again people. :)

Give me the beat boys and free my soul! I wanna getta lost in ya rock n' roll and drift away. Drift away...

Good stuff Mike. Like y'alot!! ;)

There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed -
Dennett

Topic locked