School Memories.

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
School Memories.

It's not cool to be clever at school, says a report out today. Well duh! It wasn't in the fifties when I grew up. I'm from a mixed-class family, but my working class mother taught me to read as soon as I was able. I was reading well when I went to school at the age of 5. My mother being her, just shoved me inside the gate and ran away. So you can only imagine my chagrin when the GORGEOUS teacher tried to get me to enunciate Ah Buh Kuh Duh from the alphabet. I just poked my tongue out at her. So she hit me. Any accord that might have been achieved between me and schooling was lost in that moment. I was screamed at by my music teacher (his face inches from mine with flecks of his spittle running down my cheeks) that my life would 'end in a ball of flame'. I became a professional musician. So 'fuck you' Mr Hollingsworth of Burford school, what did you know? Any more school memories out there?

First year primary school and I never used full stops so the teacher asked me to stand up in front of class and she placed a small round sticker on my forehead and while everyone was laughing told me to remember to use good punctuation

There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed -
Dennett

I had a maths teacher named Mr Kelly who screamed at students, and we were all afraid to sit in the front row. This was because of his habit of breaking rulers on those desks. Sometimes he would miss and hit a kid, still breaking the ruler. This was in the 80's and in the USA, so I'm not sure how he got away with it. He taught me geometry, and was the best teacher I had in school and uni, certainly the most memorable.
On the last day that I attended school, at the end of the spring term 1959, the headmaster called me to his office. He said, 'Van Win, if you haven't had your hair cut by the start of next term, don't come back. I don't want you in my school.' I thought about it for a few seconds and replied, 'Don't expect me back then, I don't want to be here.' He glowered at me and said, 'You may go.' I still haven't returned.

I never went to skool. My toofs were hurt'n too much and I cudent eat the spizgettie. My murfa payd my aint to teech me arithatic and now I can ad my numers rite. Serusly Visit me http://www.radiodenver.org/

Share your state secrets at...
http://www.amerileaks.org

Topic locked