Do you think we may have been had?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Do you think we may have been had?

Scenario Scene : somewhere in whitehalls corridors of power.

Milliband " They will never do it they need millions by next week if they are going to pay the IMF the loan payment on time, and not get any huge deficit payments then I can humiliate Cameron at PM's question time"

Klegg " That's where your wrong Ed David has had a brilliant idea, we contact the tanker drivers union and say that the pay negotiations they wanted are not going to happen, they will in turn announce a general strike probably over Easter week.
This we publicise and advise people to fill up if they are going away, result massive influx of fuel duty for those few days giving us the capital to meet the loan, then at the last minute we tell the unions that pay talks will go ahead crisis averted we get the cash the public gets its fuel the IMF gets its payment job done".

Ok so this is a purely fictional scenario but this strike and the Ministers no less being the ones that started the panic by advising everyone to buy fuel was starnge, who has ever heard of the government warning the public like this before ...Not Me . I don't know about you but as Shakespere said " Something (is rotten) smells in the state of Denmark " or should he have said Downing Street what do you think ?

As you may know, I always look on the bright side... The only fuel option available to me was Unleaded Premium. Not something I would have considered using before. As a Ford Focus driving, Public Sector chap, I thought it was seriously out of my league. But, I swear, since I went 'Premium' my car is running like a dream. My friends, neighbours and work colleagues are treating me with more respect. I can hold my head up high in any social situation. And all for a few extra pence per litre. What's not to like! It may be the petrol fumes getting to me, but I really feel like we're all in this together! Crisis? What crisis?

Yes exactly SHY what Crisis ?
unleaded premium is indeed awesome - you get more m's to the g, so I'm not sure it's actually that much more expensive but it is full of titanium or something that does play havoc with one's personal psychopathic count, so one can get into denial on the reactions of the neighbours to ones' premium :) persona. There's still loads of ordinary old unleaded down on the motorway service stations. Can't think, must drive ...

Hi all, Clive :) I think your Scenario Scene is on the money, so to speak lol and nothing surprises me when it comes to those who look after our money, do with it or to the country. And Ftse100, nothing would interfere with a poolside party with the right people lolol

smiley Keep Smiling

Keep Writing xxx

No Rose nothing surprises me about them any more, except possibly one of them telling the truth. But as that is unlikely to happen I think I am safe in saying I would chew my hat, also the system appears more and more American'ish by the day. Even to the duplicity within the parties to arrange things the way they feel and not as they should be, if you understand my meaning.
The system, as it is now, is letting the vulnerable down. I used to feel proud with how we took care of the needy and of the volunteers who under-pinned the system are being booted out and replaced by The Big Society which means nothing apart from empty promises; it all stinks!
Spot on Esther you only have to look at the way they are attacking the Disability Living Allowance benefits, people who genuinely need it are being discriminated against whilst malingerers are getting off scot free. Why because the decisions of who is and who isn't actually disabled is being done by none medical pen pushers who haven't a clue, if they knew what it was like going through life with a disability they would be ashamed at what they are doing. The Chancellor slapping more excise on fuel isn't doing them any favours either, just taxing their mobility allowance even more. So much for this government looking after the vulnerable in our society, still they don't have to suffer do they living in a different world. Cut off from the reality of every day living on less than £500,000 a year and they have the cheek to pass judgement on others?
Topic locked