New magazine looking for writers

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
New magazine looking for writers

Hello, my name's Pete and I'm currently collecting short stories, poetry and prose to publish in the first issue of The Corner, a new magazine aimed at promoting unpublished writers and their writing.

The basic idea behind The Corner is to provide an accessible platform for the thousands of unpublished writers who have so far been rejected by many larger publications that only accept writing from more experienced writers, or a certain type of writer. As a writer myself, I understand how difficult it is to get short stories and poetry published anywhere else apart from the internet, which doesn't have such a large devoted readership as a magazine might have.

Unfortunately, we cannot pay for the writing we publish at the moment, as we really are starting this on a very low budget, however, we will copywrite all the writing we publish, and our readership probably won't be very large to begin with, allowing most of the published writing to be submited again should you wish to do so.

The Corner will be distributed around London, and we are currently trying to strike a deal with major chain stores in order to distribute to wider areas, although this may come later on. We'll also be sending copies of the magazine to some of the most influential agents and publishers in England.

What have you got to lose?! We're looking for quality, original writing that would appeal to a lot of people, and inspire them to write and submit as well. Spread the word and I hope to hear from you all soon!

E-mail your submissions to: pete.vineaux@blueyonder.co.uk

Sounds interesting. Do you have a website?
Topic locked