My Mum.

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
My Mum.

Oh she creased us all up. We were watching an old 20s black and white movie and she said "Crikey, I'm glad I didn't live in those days" "Why's that mum?" "Do you see how they had to rush around!" Ah she hasn't lost it the old girl. More stories please.

My gran, who at 94 could probably manage Barclays Bank better than the current CEX, was against -legal- homosexual marriage (although she's not a homophobe and didn't care about the 'illegal' ones), until I pointed out that gays pay taxes just like everyone else and thus should have the same legal rights. She pondered this for a minute, and then said: "Hm. I guess you're right." At 94, she can still change her opinions, sensibly! Top class, my gran. Top class.
I know I've done this one before but it's a belter. my late gran (GRHS) once said that the camels we were watching on a documentary were too young to be marching across the desert. when we all asked how she had such knowledge of these exotic creatures she said, "well they haven't even been sat on yet" believing that double humped camels were just older single humnped ones that had been sat on, thus creating the dip in the middle.
my step gran on the phone last week (who is just as sharp as she always was I'm afraid) "It's such a shame, Louisiana was such a pretty city" and then when I mentioned I was in the caribbean in May "ooh, you were lucky you didn't get hit by the hurricane" yup, just 5 months and a few hundred miles shy of disaster

Twenty years ago when I moved to Colorado, shortly after my mother made her first trip out for a visit. I took her into the mountains. Profoundly, she asked me... "Those mountains are so tall and stretch forever...do you know if the ducks and geese can fly over them mountains." to which I replied "I don't know for certain. Lets drive over to the base of one of the big ones and see if there is a pile a dead ducks on the ground. If there is, we'll know they can't make it over." To this day, I joke with her...there are flocks and flocks of ducks flying north and south along the front range muttering to themselves..."DAMN!" It's not a bug...it's a feature.

It's not a bug...it's a feature.

Yeh, that's a belter Ely. My mum used to sing The Ying Tong Song when she 'bustled' around the house. He he she were darft. Just gazes at the tele all day now. Sad.

I still chuckle when I remember my nan talking about how she loved High Noon, because she loved "all musicals."

Topic locked