Anything interesting to say?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anything interesting to say?

So, I go a way for a week or so and the best thread in the forum is about eating chocolate?

Does anyone have something interesting to say?

Know anyone who fancies a shag?
How you been John?

Share your state secrets at...
http://www.amerileaks.org

Notbadatall, mon ami. Am on nightshift just now and bored senseless. Hence the query about shagging.
Nightshift? What kind of work are you doing at night? I can't help you with the shag thing. I've been sitting here most of the night doing my little writing stuff, my escape from "shag-zilla" so to speak. Go figure.

Don't eat that much chocolate. If you want to buy my book, visit my blog: http://whatisthisstrangeplace.blogspot.com/
I can only apologies RD, but I have nothing interesting to say, I havent even eaten that much chocolate.

Very well r.d. How are you geek? Where have you been for the week, Somewhere nice? The forum is very quiet, Not even a single argument about pointless shit! Strange? Will have to see if i can think of something interesting? Perhaps something about time reversal? Or pr big bang? Or, Fundamental Human instinct is greed, deception, aggression ets? Will have a think...
Got a new girl in our writing group, rd - turns out she's from Vancouver and at first I thought she was American. I had to speak very warmly about artistic Canadians for the rest of the evening.
Hello RD. No the best of what has been said was not about chocolate. There's been a lot of good poems and stories put onto the site in the last couple of weeks, couldn't you find something interesting to say about some of them?
The geek be good...j.r.c. do you still have that sliderule? I've been exploring the various types of taxi-cabs and various methods their drivers employ to navigate narrow crowded streets. Neil...Canadians are Americans aren't they? Kinda like Italians are European...So did you hit it off with this "Canadian" girl from Vancouver? There's a cool ski area near there...Whistler. Get her to take you home to meet the parents and take in a day or two on the slopes. World class! Jingle...forums....I've got plenty to read, I was talking about the forums.

Yes to the slide rule Radio, Would'nt leave home without it. "taxi-cabs" ? I'm sure there is a very logical reason for this very geek interest in taxi-cab methodology? Pray tell all....
Well, since we've found a suitable topic. I've made a curious observation during my recent travels. Here in the States, our roads are very organized, driving is strictly regulated by a firm set of rules and everyone tries to follow those rules else they be fined or wreck their vehicles. The pace is slow. Now, you go to other countries, Central America for example, (Italy is like this) the drivers (cab drivers come to mind, as this is the closest I'll get to actually trying to drive) scurry about like mad. There are few if any traffic signs, regulations seem non-existent, and you’re risking your life in a serious way each time you venture near a street. But...I figured out something. The general train of thought concerning what is a suitable way to drive is obviously different. US drivers need to feel as though things are safe and controlled and predictable, so we've got all these rules and signs and lines in the roads. Very mechanical. Elsewhere it's the exact opposite. The driving rules are roughly the same as the rules you'd use to walk in a large crowd. Common sense. Everyone just nudges their way along, if somebody is in your way, you go around them (left or right) as quickly as possible and nudge up against the next thing in your way until you can get around it. When trying to merge into the crowd, you just do it and hope everyone is paying close enough attention to not smack into you. Very logical once you think about it. I'm thinking of actually renting a car next time, just to test my knowledge.

Sorry Radio. I got tied up.... *Which is very nice when done in the right company* I was discussing a Simula idea to you're group dynamics theory, not so long ago. The "un written rules", that we tend to obey without really being told what the rules actually are. You know r.d, rules that benefit community's as a whole. My question being, in terms of U.S citizens, - is "A need for order, or not wishing to encure consequences" - the main governing factor for driver co - cooperating in the U.S? Is that what mainly brings about such group compliance? Why do U.s Drivers have a need to pre- empt everything? For a multi cultural nation such as the U.S, I would have thought their was some common overall factor that leads to such social compliance?
I'm still pondering all of this in general, but the United States has one of the worlds most highly developed road-systems. The entire economy and life in general revolve around the automobile. It's probably a safety issue from a political and social standpoint. While we can certainly be killed in traffic, in order to cope with the large amount of highway travel, we introduce a never-ending stream of safety requirements. All in all, I don't find it wrong, just interesting how different societies deal with the issue.

I'm not very well traveled, so I only have the U.K as comparason. I traveled up to Scotland some time ago and decided it would be prudent to travel around Glasgow by Bus rather than in my Car. Compared to previous experiences on local Cambridgshir buses, it was a completely different and terrifying experience. Thinking I would be safer in a taxi, I try ed that. But taxi drivers in Glasgow turned out to Just as mad. Thinking about London and equally larg cites in the U.K, my experience has Been that the larger the demographic, the moor 'free for all', the driving becomes. In General...
Topic locked