Best theme tunes...

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Best theme tunes...

I just can't get the theme from Dr Zhivago out of my head. It's been playing in there for about five days, a sad little waltz that makes me think of snow. Odd when it is so sunny outside.

Any other particularly beautiful/catchy theme tunes anyone can put into my head, just for a change?

'la, la, lah, lahhhhh, la la la lah, lah, lahhhh. la, la, lah, lahhhh, la la la la la lah, laahhhhhh.' *waits patiently* I feel a bit like Miss Haversham here.
The harmonica theme from Midnight Cowboy. Worked it out on the piano (I'm learning) and now can't get it out of my head. Must admit - my tuneless humming makes it sound more like the whining of an elderly wasp.
catch the pigeon catch the pigeon catch the pigeon catch the pigeon catch the pigeon catch the pigeon catch the pigeon catch the pigeon catch that pigeon now see, it's much worse inside my head.

Since there is a thunderstorm here and you mention head, Fergal - it reminds me of Paul Newman (as Butch Cassidy) cycling around with his partner's schoolteacher girlfriend sat on the handlebars (I think there was a wiremesh basket). Not sure if it's a theme but the tune was... Raindrops keep falling on my head.
Oh *cheers* Maddan - bloody hell catch the pigeon catch the pigeon catch the pigeon...
Yeah. Cheers. I did go and bloody ask, didn't I?
mwuhahahaha *drums finger together*

The Prisoner Original Space 1999 theme Love Hina Doctor Who (Original) Theme to A Clockwork Orange The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin Terry and June White Horses (was that a theme? I'm not sure but if you find it, it'll stay in your head forever) I am Nobody by Ennio Morricone (Nighty Nighty theme!) Cheers, Mark

What was The Lightning Tree the theme tune for? Oh dear God it's just popped into my head and I can't get it out. Also that damn one from Birds of a Feather. Crap programme. Crap singing. Addictive tune.
Was the Lightning Tree, Folly Foot Farm? Something like that. Yes the Reggie Perrin theme is a goodun. The Birds of a Feather thing is 'What'll I Do?' (I think) which always reminds me of The Great Gatsby. That's because, for years, I wrongly remembered it as being the record Gatsby kept playing to remind him of Daisy, when it was really, When You and I Were Seventeen. Oh well. For TV I love the Persuaders/Randal & Hopkirk (original obv.) Can't say which cos. I always get them mixed up. I could hum it for you though - HmmmHmmmHmmm Hmmmmmmm HmmmHmmmHmmmm Hmmmmmm......
I've had a few songs from Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels stuck in my head lately. but the theme from Friends and The Disney Song "IT'S A SMALL WORD AFTER ALL" (shudder)

Give me the beat boys and free my soul! I wanna getta lost in ya rock n' roll and drift away. Drift away...

Spider in the bath Spider in the bath creepy crawly, creepy crawly spider in the bath I know he's looking scary but he wants to have a laugh making friends with animals is eeeasy

There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed -
Dennett

Yes to Spider and The Prisoner! "One for all and all for one..." etc. Pole Position Conan The Adventurer The Mighty Boosh Widget the World-Watcher Red Dwarf All Around The World in 80 Days Sonic The Hedgehog (any game or either of the two cartoons) Quantum Leap Neon Genesis Evangelion Mystery Science Theatre 3000 And many more. I like theme tunes.
Foster
Anonymous's picture
I'm partial to the theme from The Royle Family...but then, I would be.
the original Grange Hill theme tune

The theme tune from Charlie Chaplin's 'Limelight' (Terry's Theme?) has always been one of my favourite tunes, ever since my mother dragged me off to see the movie at the age of about 5. What's more remarkable about the tune is that Chaplin wrote it himself.

"Secret Agent Man" theme. "There's a man who leads a life of danger....." Avengers' theme. Green Hornet Theme Twilight Zone theme "You don't need the light of the Lord to read the handwriting on the wall." Copies of Warsaw Tales available through www.new-ink.org
The Sweeney aaaaarrrgghhh Fergal, You're Nicked!
Love story (sometimes has lyrics but doesn’t in the film, if I remember rightly!) War of the Worlds (From one extreme to the other, but why not?!)

Topic locked