before I'm thirty

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
before I'm thirty

So, I'll be thirty in five months and thought I'd fit in lots of things I haven't done yet in between now and then. Here are some things on my list.

finish final draft of my novel and get it sold.

go to Iceland (not the shop) or New York, or both.

make homemade icecream.

make a christmas pudding.

dance on the bar in a pub.

ask at least one person I like on a date, rather than wait to be asked.

wear hotpants on a night out.

learn how to play the penny whistle.

make sloe gin.

always have a bottle of vodka in the freezer, no matter what.

read some Proust.

learn to do the dance routine to a Justine Timberlake song.

have a pedicure.

give out christmas messages printed on business cards to strangers.

form a singing group in time to carol in harmony for Christmas.

Any other ideas welcome.

How about come out with me on a date? I'm an older male (more fun). I'm solvent. I don't drink or smoke. I wash my socks and enjoy hoovering. I do Seamm Jasani. I'm a free-thinker. I'm published. I'm all alone... (I look like Roger Moore!)
Ah, shame the thing on my list was for me to ask someone on a date and not vice versa, eh?
(oh and I look like Roger Moore too - we would have to fight for mirror time)
Ah well... you had your chance. Back to Swann's Way...
Go to new york rather than iceland, leave iceland till you can go in summer. I shall be 31 1/2 in five months, the one thing I really want to do before then is steal a monkey.

I'll be thirty and three quarters in five months time and the two things I am utterly curious about are possessing male genitals (I don't have gender issues I just want to know what it feels like, just for one day) and crack-cocaine. I can't really try either so I've resigned myself to the fact that I will never know. jude "Cacoethes scribendi" http://www.judesworld.net

I think Sniper will let you possess his genitals for one day...
Hah.... you just beat me to it, dude. Must've read my mind. Yours for however long you need 'em, Jude... just send 'em back in one piece, please....
Out of Fergal's list, I think I've done five. And I'm not saying which ones!
Hot pants sprung to mind, gareth. That's a pretty good list. I like the xmas message idea. I'm 31 in March and wouldn't mind getting some of my tunes onto my very own website. There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed - Dennett

There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed -
Dennett

Ha!! Hope you enjoy the Red Hot Willy Warmers (or whatever they're called) next week at The Limelight.
It was my wife's choice, g. Judging by her 'well endowed' hard drive full of chilli pepper photos it's going to be a hoot! :) I'm not sure what to make of "adult show" as a footer on the poster? :) There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed - Dennett

There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed -
Dennett

I will have been thirty for a very long time in five months. I want a stairlift with a vibrate mode.
i'm wearing hot pants
Jude, having mens bits relieves us of having to rub our eyes first thing in the morning. I guess women do that cos they don't have balls to scratch. The real disadvantages of male genitalia is that women have a complete monopoly on the containers and don't suffer from 'use it or loseit' syndrome. As to how it 'feels', I suppose much the same as having tits hanging off your chest, though most men get to experience that themselves as they get older.

Topic locked