Wrong Date.

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wrong Date.

Quick question.
ABC is a British site isn't it ?
So why are we using the American style of writing the date ?
Confuses the heck out of me.

Sven-Göran
Anonymous's picture
In Sweden we do it still differently. So today would be 01-10-21. We are thinking that this is most acceptable. Ha det bra, S-G.
todt
Anonymous's picture
ja we have much dating in the sauna. I spaeking figure ingly datively from my mobile ericsson Ha! det bra hookings git me evry tim.
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
Hmmm - well spotted - that'll be the Amercian Open Source software we're using then....
Liana
Anonymous's picture
I asked that a while back I think...because on the sets, its written the British way. I think someone said its because of a template, or something?
Roy
Anonymous's picture
Is that the way the Yanks write the date? You learn something every day.. I knew it's done like that in mainland Europe - at least, I hope it is, or I'm going to have to correct one of my stories.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
It seems to me that far from being the 'wrong' date it is an eminently more sensible way of writing the date. If, as I do, you file documents chronologically the computer automatically aranges them correctly, if on the other hand you write the date as Mayman would prefer documents would be saved with the first of each month being consecutive followed by the second of each month and so on and so forth. I am sure that this is the reason other countries write it differently to the good old British who used to have twelve pennies in a shilling and two hundred and forty in a pound when the rest of the world was decimal from the start!
deci/imperial stormy
Anonymous's picture
thats coz your computer uses software from the states. the rest of the world could only count by using the fingas, so decimals, by weight of numbers, outdid rods and perch's. sounds like a benny hill joke so I'll exit to the sound of fast kazoo music and to the dreams of being chased by women in uniform.
Yank Donignacio
Anonymous's picture
Hah! If we can't control your spelling of 'program(me)' at least we can use the computer programs to control the date! Hah hah hah hah!!
Fecky
Anonymous's picture
So let's have a metric calender.... 10 days to a week. 10 weeks to a month. 10 months to a year. That'll confuse the buggers and be a good excuse to increase prices... ...Any more offers?
Hank the Yank
Anonymous's picture
10 years to a decade? 10 decades to a century? Gee, this'll change the world! Wait until y'all catch up with us! Dang, we're jest SO clever.
Fecky
Anonymous's picture
Could even have a 'metric CALENDAR'.
Fecky
Anonymous's picture
Can't catch up witcha Hank - you're five hours behind us!
R. Davere Wrink
Anonymous's picture
Wroiters: special fawcets have today been placed in Afghanistan. "the drought will soon be over" General Washer claimed during a press conference from the newly named there'sabitgone defence building tonight. "feelings are running hot and cold out in the field" - deserter. "everything we need to fulfill our bathtub is now on tap" - General Colon Bowel. Tomorrow the eyes of the world will be watching his every movement. ~associated pressgang~
Topic locked