small fish in a big pond

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
small fish in a big pond

how does the small guy get read? I mean a hell of a lot of people post a hell of a lot of work on here and I just tend to find things by chance, so how likely is it that things we put on will get read? the fear catches up with me. thing is tho see I can stay awake all nite but it gets me nowhere except morning train rides to places I dont wanna go, from platform 8 and Im wearing nothing but stolen cowboy boots and a marlboro red. I think the only people who read my @!#$ are me, and thats a mistake I just dont know how to see how many hits I got without reading the darn thing. Ack, the rock lets me press my sweating face on its chest, ball-boo oranges an' you.

J.B.Steele
Anonymous's picture
Hi culturehero, Went looking for some of your posts under culturehero and couldn't locate anything. Maybe it's just the timing, beats me. I see your new here also. I recently signed up here too. Trying to figure the place out. Seems to be a lot of interesting writing and talking going on. Possibly a wonderful learning place. My problem is I am American and some of the lingo is quite strange to me. I will catch on though, :). I will look again when I have a little more time and read your work. Most sites I have visited have a way to leave your thoughts on a piece of writing along with your rating if you chose to rate a piece. I think that is a good way as this seems more difficult to me. But anyway, enough rambling, Happy Writing! J.B. Steele
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
Welcome to you both! We especially welcome you as friends from across the water. Sorry about some of the lingo but it will all become clear at some stage to you and you will discover a whole new rich seam of coloquial language! We are currently working on an upgrade of the whole site - forced upon us by various technical hitches that gathered together became a nightmare a week or so ago. That is an ongoing process and will only happen as money starts to come in but hang on with us and enjoy the ride!
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Hi, you two (she said in her best American drawl). Don't worry, most of us are friendly, even if we don't 'alf talk funny. We already have quite a few US writers on the site and some are even active in the forums! Justyn Thyme and Don spring to mind, sorry to any other guys I missed out. So...pull up a pew and get stuck in...
J.B.Steele
Anonymous's picture
Hi Tony, Thanks for the welcome! I think learning new ways of speech will be very benefical, lol. Who knows what a writer will do with new words from any hemisphere. :) I do enjoy this site and have been here almost daily since I signed in. Hope you will get your glitches straightened out soon. Thanks again! J.B.Steele
J.B.Steele
Anonymous's picture
Hi Andrea, Thank you also for the warm welcome! This seems to be a friendly place. I enjoy reading the posts and there are many. It will take me awhile but I am focusing on reading poetry at this time on here. Then on to bigger stories. :) There are a lot of good writers participating so I am happy to have found this site. The more one reads the more one learns, I hope, lol. I do see that many poems are read many times but not rated much. I tend to wonder why. Umm, I like that drawl, lol. Thanks again for the warm welcome! J.B.Steele
culturehero
Anonymous's picture
thanks for the welcomes guys. I'm not even american but hell ah sure do pass for one, I knew I shoulda been in born in new york, or san fran for the pranksters. I think my work is around somewhere but I can never find a whole lot and the computers screwed too making it all a slow drawn out process. cant stop thinking about infinity and jim morrison. today I am: mildly drunk, mildly stoned. adios king. (xoxoxread if you got the timexoxox)
Topic locked