publishing writing and experiences of youth

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
publishing writing and experiences of youth

I don't see any really good reason why young people's writing and art work should not be published alongside adults writing of 'childrens' books.It would be an honour to publish books written and illustrated by kids and teenagers, aswell as by adults who are wanting to write from the perspective of their childhood experience.

Anyone interested in discussing issues or logistics about this?

david floyd
Anonymous's picture
I'm work for a youth media project (www.exposure.org.uk). We publish writing by young people, for young people. What sort of books are you thinking of publishing?
Janine
Anonymous's picture
Hi David, thanks for your response I would like to publish fiction and non fiction books: stories, poems, any written items plus artwork/graphics by young people from age 3 (or younger as soon as they can speak, via dictation to older people); younger and older kids and by adults (so long as the adult 'kids' who are writing from an acknowledged reference point in their own childhoods). Books could be written for all age groups, for younger kids by older kids for example, and by kids for their own peer groups, according to what interests them. Books can be published in collaboration with the authors/artists, via direct contact where possible and via internet. I've published 2 books to date. 7L's world of Poetry and Plays is currently held by the Poetry Library (on the South Bank, Festival Hall, London) . This was part of a school project and students were involved in all parts of editing and production. My work has been mainly in schools, as a teacher and Literacy consultant . I would like to work more directly with young people and their families also. What are you publishing? Where is it?I'll have a look at your website Janine
Topic locked